Assistant Professor, Tenure Track, Computer Science
The Webb School of Engineering at High Point University invites
applications for a tenure-track faculty position in the Department
of Computer Science. We seek a dynamic and visionary individual to
enrich our current program and incorporate emerging areas of
computer science, including cybersecurity, cloud computing,
internet of things, artificial intelligence, and data science.
Faculty are expected to help develop an innovative and cutting-edge
curriculum and assist the department as it seeks ABET
accreditation. There is the potential to create new programs in
areas such as data science and cybersecurity.
The successful candidate should have a demonstrated proficiency in and love of teaching, a propensity for scholarly achievement, an entrepreneurial spirit, and an interest in working with highly motivated undergraduate students. While outstanding applicants in all pertinent areas of research will be considered, preference will be given to candidates with expertise in at least one of the following areas: Cybersecurity and Data Science.
Review of applications will begin in November 2020 and will continue until the position is filled. Start date for the position is August 2021.
High Point University is an Equal Opportunity employer, and is committed to diversity in hiring.
Applicants who don’t meet the qualifications, or are not legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship, will not be considered.
- An earned doctorate in computer science or closely related field is required.
- The field of specialization is open with a preference for research or teaching in one or more of the following areas: Cybersecurity, software engineering, cloud computing, and data science.
Experience and Training
- The department seeks candidates at the rank of Assistant Professor.
- Candidates seeking appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor are expected to demonstrate commensurate experience and success in teaching, scholarship and service.
Knowledge, Skills, Ability
- Applicants are expected to demonstrate the potential for excellence in teaching, service and research.
- We especially seek candidates who are interested in working with highly motivated undergraduate students on real-world projects and purposeful research in a liberal arts setting.
- Willingness to participate in ABET accreditation is expected.
- High Point University’s typical teaching load is at least 3 courses each semester while engaging in scholarly activity and service to the department and the profession. Faculty interested in interdisciplinary activities are especially sought after.
- In addition to undergraduate teaching, the candidate is expected to advise undergraduate students, supervise senior capstone projects, develop and teach electives courses, engage in scholarly activity within the context of a teaching-oriented university, and serve the University and the School. This is an ideal position for educators who are passionate about teaching and who want to work at a student-centered institution where we strive for a balance of professional education within a liberal arts environment.
All applicants must submit a single attachment with the following sections:
- A letter of interest addressing the required qualifications and responsibilities
- A current CV with complete professional and academic history
- Unofficial transcripts of undergraduate and graduate education
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Statement of research interests
- Names and contact information for three professional recommendations
Questions related to this position should be referred to: Dr. William Suchan, Chair, Department of Computer Science, firstname.lastname@example.org.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in High Point
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in High Point
- Computer Sciences & Technology Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in High Point