Associate Dean for Academic Programs
The Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study at Harvard University is seeking applications from highly qualified, diverse candidates for our Associate Dean for Academic Programs position.
About the Position:
Reporting to the Dean, the Associate Dean for Academic Programs oversees the Radcliffe Institute’s programmatic departments, including Fellowship, Academic Ventures & Engagement (AV&E), and the Schlesinger Library. The Associate Dean will work closely with the Dean, Executive Dean, Institute leadership, Institute and University faculty, and other stakeholders to develop and implement academic programs that create and share transformative ideas across the arts, humanities, sciences, social sciences, and professions.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Collaborates with the Dean on high-level programmatic directions, including initiatives and engagements that advance the mission of the Radcliffe Institute;
- Collaborates with the Dean and senior leadership to advance strategic direction, ensuring that Institute initiatives are prioritized within the Institute’s program departments, including AV&E, Fellowship, and Schlesinger library;
- Oversee program directors; facilitate and drive key programs from inception phase to completion;
- Prioritizes, shapes, and facilitates the creation of actionable deliverables across programs by integrating activities;
- Ensures collaboration and cross-functional engagement across the Institute and with campus and external stakeholders;
- Represents Radcliffe and promote its strategic direction within the university by developing collaborative relationships with colleagues at other Harvard schools and strengthening the Institute’s contribution to University-wide priorities and initiatives;
- Creates strong working relationships with Institute programmatic and administrative leadership, faculty committees, Harvard affiliates and external partners to support execution of programmatic initiatives;
- Serves as an advisor, advocate, implementer, and resource for strengthening and advancing a diverse and inclusive culture at the Institute; collaborates with the dean and others to expand and deepen discussions about diversity, inclusion, and belonging in programming; identify and implement best practices to create an inclusive campus climate;
- In collaboration with the dean, manages faculty advisory board for the Institute;
- Coordinates the cross-Institute student advisory board;
- Collaborates with colleagues in Finance on budgeting and long-range planning for programs in line with strategic objectives;
- Represents the Institute to a variety of audiences across Harvard and beyond;
- Embodies the ideal of working in a university by supporting a culture of learning and growth. Seeks opportunities to learn and build skills as well as opportunities to help others to develop and grow;
- Supervises direct reports including, but not limited to, the Institute’s program directors, including hiring and training, prioritizing work, and managing performance.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Master’s degree required. Ph.D. or J.D. preferred.
- Ten years’ progressively responsible experience in academic leadership, which includes experience managing both individuals and teams.
Please note that cover letters are required for all
position applications at the Radcliffe Institute.
How to apply:
Interested applicants must apply for the Associate Dean for Academic Programs position through HARVARD CAREERS, Harvard University’s online employment application system. Please combine your cover letter and resume/CV into a single document when you are instructed to "Upload my resume/CV from my computer." Cover letters are required for every application for a position at the Radcliffe Institute. The Radcliffe Institute is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
About the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study
The Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study at Harvard University is dedicated to creating and sharing transformative ideas across the arts, humanities, sciences, and social sciences. The Fellowship Program annually supports the work of 50 leading artists and scholars. Academic Ventures and Engagement fosters collaborative research projects and sponsors lectures and conferences that engage scholars with the public. The Schlesinger Library on the History of Women in America documents the lives of American women of the past and present for the future, furthering the Institute’s commitment to women, gender, and society.
Our recently completed strategic plan Radcliffe Engaged, 2019-2024, articulates our goals for the next five years.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to achieving our goals through the efforts of a highly skilled, diverse workforce. With outstanding benefits, competitive pay, extensive learning opportunities, and a stimulating and attractive work environment, the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study at Harvard University may be exactly the employer you have been looking for.
Learn more about the people and programs of the Radcliffe Institute at www.radcliffe.harvard.edu.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis the interview process will occur virtually using Zoom. After hire, the position will have virtual on-boarding and work will be conducted remotely until we return to our Cambridge, Massachusetts campus. The Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study does not provide Visa sponsorship.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Cambridge
- Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Cambridge
- Academic Administration Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Cambridge
- Chief Academic Officers & Vice Presidents Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Cambridge