The University of Texas Permian Basin welcomes applicants for the
position of Institutional Research Analyst. Reporting to the
Executive Director of Institutional Research and Strategic
Analytics, the Institutional Research Analyst will work with
offices, academic departments, and departments/programs to design
and implement effective and sustainable assessment efforts. The IR
Analyst will support data collection and analysis for campus-wide
assessment activities and institutional surveys; compile required
federal/state reporting and report assessment data to improve
institutional services, programs, and student learning; and,
supports activities related to institutional accreditation.
• Oversee a coordinated, institution-wide process for the
development, review, and measurement of program and student
learning outcomes assessment that is consistent with the
expectations of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
• Assist in the design and implementation of surveys and assessment
tools, as needed
• Analyze institutional and other data using statistical techniques
appropriate to an educational research setting
• Administer the assessment management process that faculty and
staff use to submit assessment reports
• Develop reports that contribute to institutional improvement of
programs, policies, processes, services, and student learning
• Support institution-wide assessment activities through design,
implementation, analysis, and reporting of results
• Support institutional accreditation efforts
• Build and maintain effective and productive partnerships across
• Other duties, as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree with higher education experience and a learning
and assessment background, qualitative and quantitative research
skills, and experience with statistical applications; Master's
• Experience with assessment techniques, Word, Excel, and
statistical analysis software (SAS)
• Ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision;
take initiative; and handle emergencies professionally and
• Ability to pass a criminal background check
WORK SCHEDULE: This is an exempt 12-month position and the expected
work schedule is Monday through Friday. As an exempt employee, this
schedule may vary based on the number of hours needed to meet the
job responsibilities. The individual holding this position may need
to be available early mornings, evenings and weekends to meet the
needs of the office.
The University offers an excellent compensation package which
includes a broad range of employee benefits including free health
insurance (employee only) as well as a generous retirement program.
We invite you to learn more at www.utpb.edu.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applicants must submit a UTPB electronic application in order
to be considered. Link to posting at the UTPB Careers
Please include all required documents with your submission.
Unofficial transcripts of all college work are acceptable for
purposes of the application. Official transcripts are required upon
The University of Texas of the Permian Basin is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and underrepresented
groups are encouraged to apply.
UTPB participates in e-Verify.