Lead, Research Operations
Provides oversight and support for the administrative and financial operations, as well as the research and community engagement activities, of the Maternal and Infant Environmental Health Riskscape (MIEHR) Research Center, a multi-institutional P50 Center of Excellence on Environmental Health Disparities.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of MIEHR Center activities and integration of Research Projects and Cores.
- Participates in pre- and/or post-award grant management activities.
- Serves as a liaison between MIEHR Center leadership and program staff at funding agencies, other Environmental Health Disparities Centers, MIEHR Project and Core leads and Co-leads and research staff.
- Creates and maintains electronic systems for tracking MIEHR Center progress and milestones (projects and cores).
- Creates and maintains Center’s Web site and coordinates outreach and communications to internal and external stakeholders.
- Assists with the administration and implementation of the Center’s Pilot Project Program supported within the Investigator Development Core.
- Assists with the development of evaluative metrics for Center success, including those related to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Assist in the writing and submission of periodic progress reports, including the annual progress report to the funding agencies.
- Education Required: Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Experience Required: Six years of relevant experience.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
The NIH P50 Center of Excellence in Environmental Health Disparities is a large and comprehensive research center which requires a multifaceted approach to manage resources and stakeholder relationships, including interfacing with other BCM Centers, including the NIEHS P30 Environmental Health Sciences Core Center (C. Walker, Director), NIEHS P42 Superfund Research Program Center (B. Moorthy, Director), HRSA Center of Excellence in Health Equity, Training and Research (T. Harris, PI), as well as TSU's HBCU Climate Change Consortium and the HBCU-CBO Gulf Coast Equity Consortium (R. Bullard, Founder and Director).
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston