Research Assistant I
We are seeking a talented Research Assistant to join our team. The Chao Laboratory (https://www.bcm.edu/research/labs/hsiao-tuan-chao) is located at the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute, which is affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine and Texas Children’s Hospital. Our team is engaged in basic and translational neuroscience, genetics, and human disease research with a focus on neural circuit development and function. Disorders that we are studying including epilepsy, autism, neurodevelopmental and psychiatric conditions. We utilize multiple approaches including human genetics, fruit fly and mouse models, molecular biology, cell culture, electrophysiology, and animal behavior. We are looking for a motivated, organized, and resourceful scientist with expertise in molecular biology, genetics, or neuroscience to accelerate our efforts to elucidate childhood neurologic disorders such as epilepsy, autism, and intellectual disability. Will have the opportunity identify novel neurologic disorders, implement multidisciplinary techniques, learn new skills, and be part of an enjoyable workplace.
- Use molecular biology, cell culture, and imaging techniques to examine genetic changes and construct functional studies in fruit fly and mouse models
- Interview, screen, recruit, and schedule patients for study
- Maintain records and regulatory documents for research studies and protocols
- Disseminate data and tools to collaborating laboratories
- Help manage projects and the lab
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or a related field.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Master's degree in a related field
- At least two years of relevant experience
- Excellent communication and documentation skills will be critical for this position
- Clinical experience will be beneficial to our human genetics study
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston