Assistant Director for Leasing
Reporting to the Executive Director of Real Estate, the Assistant Director for Leasing effectively manages and administers all of the various duties required for the university’s lease contracting. The position has the responsibility to ensure that all leases and related agreements are completed in an effective and timely manner for the benefit of the university. The university leases over 2.3 million square feet of space throughout various areas in Virginia, the United States, and internationally with an aggregate leasing portfolio exceeding $39 million.
The Assistant Director for Leasing will also provide direct oversight of special projects, the development of presentations, reporting, and may be required to represent the Executive Director in meetings.
This position directly/indirectly supervises a staff of two employees.
• Advanced degree in business, public administration, urban planning or related field; OR bachelor’s degree in business, public administration, urban planning or related field and extensive real estate transactional experience.
• Knowledge of and experience that demonstrates strong working knowledge of leasing principles, practices, and law including contract writing and interpretation.
• Exceptional communication skills, interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and the ability to effectively interact and build trusted relationships with diverse internal and external constituencies.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects; excellent organizational, leadership, and delegation skills; and ability to work collaboratively. Must have strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills to manage complex tasks and/or those that require balancing competing interests.
• Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills, with ability to see patterns, be a fast thinker, and make decisions with strong attention to accuracy, detail, and local context.
• Demonstrated patience, reliability, composure, and stability under pressure, with experience handling confidential/sensitive matters and a strong personal ethics commitment.
• Experience in the use of computers, and the use of word processing and accounting/spreadsheet software.
• Strong mathematic skills, including the ability to establish and maintain a working knowledge of University funds and codes.
• Real estate transactional experience within a public higher education setting.
• Proficient with facilities-related software and enterprise systems.
• Working knowledge of Banner and other fiscal computer programs.
October 15, 2020
• Must have a criminal background check.
• Must have a driver's license check.
• Statement of Economic Interest is required.
• Some overnight travel will be required.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Operations HR at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: September 23, 2020
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Professional Fields Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Public Administration & Policy Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg