Academic Budget Specialist
Posting Number 2021012 Posting/Functional Title Academic Budget Specialist for the College of Education University Pay Plan Title Academic Budget Specialist Location San Marcos Department College of Education Recruitment Type University Employees Only Job Type Full-Time Monthly Salary $4,500 - $4,750 Job Category Non-Exempt Required Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.
• Proficiency in Excel.
• Working knowledge of PCR preparation and related tasks and ability to
review/approve college PCRs for accuracy and completeness.
• Experience with university, college, departmental, and/or grant/research
budget matters to include a competent working knowledge of SAP reports
associated with budget transactions, budget adjustment preparation, report
interpretation, e- IDT and e- NPO preparation.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to write effective
correspondence, accurate reports, and clear and concise instructions.
• Knowledge of university, college and/or departmental policies and
• Knowledge of travel processing and procedures.
• Experience with processing faculty and/or graduate student hiring.
• Experience analyzing budget and preparing budget reports.
• Experience supporting account manager(s) with budget related matters.
• Working knowledge of SAP, budget workbench, purchase requisitions,
IDT’s, and Travel Tracks.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher.
Responsible for coordinating all budget related matters across the college including verifying compliance for funding sources, personnel budget changes and appointments; assisting the dean, chairs, and directors in managing unit budgets; monitor class schedules and hiring to ensure units remain within budget; facilitate projection of instructional salaries per semester; coordinate budget work flow and communication among college staff, the Budget Office, and Faculty and Academic Resources.
• Audit PCRs for job title, pay rate, pay type, budget class and fund source
and check for compliance with policy on all graduate student hires.
• Confirm I-9 forms are fully completed and verify identity and eligibility
documents on new employees.
• Prepare and/or approve PCRs in compliance with established policy and
procedures within VPAA Division.
• Monitor budget balances for all departments within the College of
Education and prepare monthly budget reports.
• Assist account managers and their staff with budget related matters.
• Prepare budget transfers.
• Analyze salary budgets and budget transactions for the College of
• Audit budget requests and assist in annual budget development.
• Analyze faculty workload adjustments.
• Track budget reallocations, faculty development leave funding, and identify
special funding sources.
• Track student-related travel and ensure budget is available.
• Assist departmental administrative assistants with position budgeting and
movement of budget between positions.
• Facilitate projection of instructional salaries per semester.
• Monitor class schedules and hiring to ensure units remain within budget.
• Confirm that assistantship salary dollars are expended within the assigned budget period.
• Coordinate budget work flow and communication between relevant staff and offices.
• Provide technical assistance and answer questions.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Information to Applicants
Cover letter should address required and preferred qualifications in the same
order that they are listed in this posting.
Job Open Date 09/23/2020 Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight) 10/07/2020 Open Until Filled No Normal Work Days Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday Normal Work Hours Start 8:00AM Normal Work Hours End 5:00PM Posting Notices YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO YOUR APPLICATION., YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A LIST OF REFERENCES. Legal and Required Notices
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE .
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
Why work @ Texas State?
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great training and development opportunities: choose from a variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning resources, certifications, and employee educational support programs.
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.
Quick Link http://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/33686 Applicant Document
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- DD 214/DD1300
- Veteran's Preference
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Are you a current Texas State University employee?
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos