Grant Specialist - Business Operations Specialist
Posting Number 2021013 Posting/Functional Title Business Operations Specialist University Pay Plan Title Grant Specialist - Business Operations Specialist Location San Marcos Department Tx School Safety Ctr Recruitment Type Open to All Job Type Full-Time Monthly Salary $3,200 - $3,400 Job Category Exempt Required Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.
• Demonstrate experience working with electronic databases
• Demonstrate experience managing contracts
• Demonstrate experience handling payments
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word and Excel
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Knowledge of Texas State University Policies and Procedures
• Demonstrate working knowledge of SAP
• Demonstrate experience coordinating events
• Demonstrate experience working with meeting venues, including hotels
• Demonstrate experience coordinating travel accommodations
The Texas School Safety Center (TxSSC) is an official university-level research center at Texas State University. The TxSSC is tasked in Chapter 37 of the Texas Education Code and the Governor’s Homeland Security Strategic Plan with key school safety initiatives and mandates. The TxSSC serves as a clearinghouse for the dissemination of safety and security information through research, training, and technical assistance for K-12 schools and junior colleges throughout the state of Texas.
The Texas School Safety Center is seeking candidates to assist the Associate Director of Business Operations with providing support services to Center staff. Job duties include assisting with the coordination and implementation of various types of trainings and events; as well as assisting with the coordination and management of registration information for the Texas School Safety Conference. Additionally, this position will prepare and process documentation that includes requests for travel, contracts, ordering training and office supplies, and other duties as assigned.
• Manage various electronic databases for trainings and payments to ensure database is accurate and complete
• Request and manage contracts for deliverables, invoicing, amendments, closeouts, etc.
• Prepare and process documents such as vendor forms, purchase orders, invoices, reimbursement forms, correspondence, and other necessary reports or documents based on oral and written instructions
• Assist with the coordination of monitoring training participants for Texas Commission on Law Enforcement ( TCOLE ) credit eligibility
• Assist with ordering and preparing materials for distribution to training participants
• Assist with the management and coordination of training reports
• Prepare travel requests, make travel arrangements, and process travel reimbursements
• Interact via email, telephone, and in person in a professional manner with an emphasis on customer service
• Organize and prioritize work, multitasking to meet deadlines for short and long-term assignments
• Maintain high attention to detail on all projects
• Perform other duties as assigned
Additional Information to Applicants
• Occasional overnight travel to various training locations in Texas will be required to provide assistance with registration at training events and conferences
Job Open Date 09/23/2020 Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight) Open Until Filled Yes Normal Work Days Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday Normal Work Hours Start 8:00AM Normal Work Hours End 5:00PM Posting Notices YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO YOUR APPLICATION. Legal and Required Notices
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System.
Why work @ Texas State?
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great training and development opportunities: choose from a variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning resources, certifications, and employee educational support programs.
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.
Quick Link http://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/33788 Applicant Document
- Cover Letter
- DD 214/DD1300
- Veteran's Preference
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos