Janitor - FT
JANITOR FULL TIME
CITY COLLEGES OF CHICAGO - DALEY COLLEGE
City Colleges of Chicago is looking to fill a Janitor opening to perform all traditional janitorial work in and around the buildings.
• Dust all ledges, counter tops, files, office equipment, desk and walls.
• Dust mop all hard surfaces.
• Spot cleaning or complete washing of all walls, files, desk tops, office glass, partitions, doors, chairs, blackboards, mirrors, waste baskets and garbage cans, office machines and ash trays.
• Thorough cleaning of all bathroom fixtures and partitions.
• Polishing furniture.
• Metal polishing.
• Hosing and sweeping of sidewalks.
• Trash removal.
• Dismantling and cleaning of light fixtures.
• Operation of vacuum cleaners.
• Cleaning of Venetian blinds (washing & vacuuming).
• Policing of facility and grounds (inside & outside).
• Washing of exterior walls.
• Scraping of gum and other objects form hard surfaces and carpet.
• Spot cleaning furniture or carpet, but not more than 2 hours per day.
• Setting up and /or take down of chairs and tables.
• Wet mopping or spot mopping public corridors, washrooms, classrooms and any hard surfaces.
• Operation of compactors and /or balers.
• Maintenance of outside ground (raking, grass cutting, watering, garbage, etc.).
• Completion of a high school diploma or the equivalent preferred.
• Preference will be given to current temporary janitors at City Colleges of Chicago.
• Must be able to perform all duties listed above.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges!
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago