HR IT Business Analyst
Are you a real business requirements detective ? Passionate about helping others with great solutions ? Do you come from a place of care and bring that to your work as a business analyst? Do you have initiative and can you devise original solutions ? Then this may be the role for you!
CU Boulder Campus HR is encouraging applicants for our HR IT Business Analyst position! The person in this position will support operational analyses and the implementation of new projects, working toward continuous delivery of improvements and application support. Responsibilities in this role include:
- Collaborating with users, vendors and your technical counterparts in the Office of Information Technology (OIT) to develop solutions of low to moderate complexity.
- Developing or modifying procedures to solve problems.
- Providing requirements traceability and testing.
- Manage the project team's activities while working independently on multiple projects within tight time frames.
- Supporting HR partners with business analysis techniques and strategies, troubleshooting system issues, identifying root causes, providing workarounds and handling system defects and roadmap items.
In general, this role will manage HR IT projects as determined by senior leadership, coordinate analysis provided by domain matter specialists, document requirement feedback from partners, and guide HR teams through project initiatives.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
CU Boulder Campus HR exists to build success through others as we all strive to achieve the goals and fulfill the mission of CU Boulder. We contribute leadership, ideas, and services that allow each person – whether an individual contributor or manager; a member of the faculty or staff – to do what they do…better.
Our vision is to be a strategic partner to the people we serve. Through that partnership we will achieve Campus goals, contribute to the transformative role our faculty and staff play in the future of our students, our community, and the world; and maximize the potential of every individual to be exceptional at what they do.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Business Analysis, Functional and Technical Expertise including functional analysis, requirements capturing and developing specifications, clear and useful process flows, user cases and stories, data models and test scripts.
- Assess and Manage Multiple Ongoing IT Projects and deployed services, ensuring they meet established objectives, business needs within budget, through a continual service improvement methodology.
- Recommend Solutions for IT Services and Systems working with HR partners and in consideration of the University and technical environment, the campus IT architecture, and standard methodologies. This will include working with campus business leaders to establish and maintain business cases, cost models, and budgets that support IT directions.
- Implementation and Testing including acceptance testing and training.
What We Can Offer
The salary range for this position starts at $65,000 annually, reaching as high as the high $70's, depending on background and experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Empowered. Be Ingenious. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution or a combination of education and experience as detailed here may be substituted for the degree on a year-for-year basis.
- 3 years of IT Business Analyst experience that includes:
- Both the development of high-level strategy business cases and formal requirements specifications.
- Business analysis, process mapping, design of sophisticated systems and processes using methodologies and tools such as BPMN, UML, flow charts, and data models.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements into solution requirements.
- 1 year of experience with general system configuration, application support, or application development.
What You Will Need
- Talent as a business requirements detective and troubleshooter.
- Strong desire to help others and find solutions.
- Ability to analyze and persuade.
- Leadership abilities.
- Ability to think and act strategically.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Experience in Higher Education.
- Experience with PeopleSoft HCM 9.2, Cornerstone Performance Management, Cherwell, Avature, or other relational database platform analysis/support/development.
- Experience working with HR teams.
- Experience leading project teams.
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CCBA, CBAP, PMI-PBA).
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by October 12, 2020 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder