Office 365 Administrator
Office 365 Administrator
The Office 365 Enterprise Administrator will develop and implement service delivery strategies for the suite of tools and applications within Microsoft Office 365.
Essential Job Functions of Position
• Identify, research, recommend, and implement Office 365 solutions and applications such as Teams, Flow, PowerApps, OneDrive, Forms, Bookings, SharePoint, etc.
• Serve as an ITS point of contact regarding new requests related to Microsoft applications and solutions to meet business needs.
• Provide second level support services to staff and faculty for complex, technical, and configuration issues related to Office 365 applications.
• Implement compliance and enforce ownership of applications and site content with stakeholders.
• Develop and maintain scripts used to managesupport the Office 365 environment for multiple applications.
• Partner with ITS and other workgroups for the integration and testing of applications that support Office 365 solutions.
• Manage Office 365 security administration in collaboration with the Cybersecurity team.
• Stay current on Office 365 changes and updates.
• Support, maintain, and create SharePoint / Infopath systems.
• Ensuring the operational health of the SharePoint online environment including security, availability, performance, interoperability, and reliability.
• Administration, support, and configuration of MS Office O365.
• Maintenance/sustainment of existing client SharePoint sites and subsites, lists, libraries, and content (including pages, workflows, and items).
• Maintenance, and sustainment of additional complementary functionality for customer sub-sites, lists, libraries, and content.
• Administer and support an enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange infrastructure.
• Candidate must be eager to learn the administration of the entire array of Office 365 products, including Exchange, SharePoint, OneDrive, Skype, Teams, Yammer, Planner, Groups, and any future products.
• Partner with business units to evaluate and drive the adoption of new capabilities for Office 365 and related tools, services, and systems.
Responsible for Programming (Development, Testing, Troubleshooting)
• Write, test and/or maintain database and/or Web-based systems reflecting customer-approved specifications and University programming best practices using shell scripting, database programming, and/or Web programming tools.
• Programs to extract data from the administrative software system for integration with other Washburn University software systems using secure data file transfer and vendor-provided data file structures.
• Programs to generate queries/reports/extracts reflecting University reporting standards using specifications provided by functional areas, SQL, and reporting tools.
• Programs to update databases using criteria approved by functional areas.
• Programs to facilitate automation of routine ITS computing tasks.
• Serve as an Information Technology Services representative on project teams as assigned.
• Document issues and known solutions using ticket-tracking software.
• Perform additional job-related duties as assigned or as appropriate.
Non-Essential Job Functions of Position
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years’ experience supporting Office365 applications or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Experience implementing and maintaining Office 365.
Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Security using Active Directory, Azure AD, and Office 365 Online groups.
Understanding of Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft IIS, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and network concepts.
Experience developing database applications using PHP, SQL, or similar development tools.
Experience in the development of technical and user documentation.
Basic scripting and development skills using PowerShell required.
Demonstrated focus on customer service and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively to a wide variety of audiences.
Ability to multi-task and set priorities within tight timelines and high client expectations.
Effective analytical, project management, customer service, and team-oriented interpersonal skills. Critical thinking and problem determination skills
Effective computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and web-browsers
Licenses, Certifications & Registrations
Must obtain Microsoft 365 Certified: Enterprise Administrator Expert certification within 6 months of employment.
Additional Requirements (e.g. Physical Demands)
Campus Security Authority
Special Instructions to Applicant
Entry rate $82,000 with potential for a higher rate commensurate with experience
Regular Business Hours
Average Hours per Week
Months per Year
Washburn is dedicated to providing a student-centered and teaching focused academic environment and a curriculum that engages the diversity of human experience across the globe. We seek candidates who are committed to Washburn’s efforts to create a climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education. Application materials should clearly articulate how the candidate will contribute to the University’s commitment to diversity and inclusion through their teaching, research, and/or service.
Washburn University is an EOE . Washburn University provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or marital or parental status.
Background Check Required?
Driving History Checked?
Drug Screen Required?
Anticipated Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
For earliest consideration apply by
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled?
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree?
- Yes, by the end of semester of hire.
- * Do you have 2 years’ experience supporting Office365
applications? Or do you have an equivalent combination of relevant
education and work experience?
- Yes-2 years’ experience supporting Office365 applications
- Yes-equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience.
- Cover Letter
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka