Graduate Academic Advisor
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University - Worldwide announces an exciting opportunity within the Department of Online Education. The Graduate Academic Advisor counsels students in regards to degree curriculums, academic regulations, procedures, policies, interpretation of the evaluation, program changes, transfer credit, advanced standing and graduation requirements. Academic Advisors are responsible for monitoring student progress from the time of admission throughout graduation and during specific academic terms to provide guidance and assistance to students if they are having any issues. Academic Advisors provide students with information about career opportunities available through the pursuit of the different degrees, minors, certificates and specializations. Develops personalized degree maps and suggested degree plans to counsel and assist students with course planning. Academic Advisors counsel students on capstone projects and/or portfolios. Additonally, this role serves as the liaison between the student and the Financial Aid Office, Veterans’ Affairs, the Bookstore, Student Accounting, the Registrar and numerous other departments. Academic Advisors are expected to promote institutional aid initiatives and scholarships available to eligible students. The position requires independent judgment and decision making and the utilization of resources in the assessment and resolution of student issues. Collects research and data on student trends pertaining to retention and academic success. Conducts detailed analyses of student academic records. Assists with coverage of student files when needed due to extended advisor personal leave. Advisors are expected to communicate with students proactively via telephone and email in order to promote student retention and maintain a high level of customer service.
- Bachelor's degree
- (1-3) years of work related experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Analytical skills with an in depth knowledge of information systems and technical expertise with Microsoft operating systems, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook/email, and Internet end-user applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of staff, students and faculty.
- Provide excellent customer service to students, co-workers, staff, faculty and other constituents.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with supervisor/manager and other staff members at all times.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to recognize and deal with priorities; recognize and perform duties not directly assigned; assist others as needed.
- Ability to learn new things and keep up with the pace of changing technology.
- Ability to investigate, problem solve and take corrective action.
- Maintain a positive and professional image.
- Tactfully handle difficult situations and maintain composure under pressure.
- Seek guidance and direction as necessary for performance of duties.
- Ability to use good judgment and make informed decisions.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach