Dean, School of Professional Studies
POSITION: Dean, School of Professional Studies
FOCUS: Professional Studies (Business Administration, Criminal Justice, and Psychology)
DEPARTMENT: Academic Affairs
DATE OPENED: Consideration of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
SALARY: Low to mid $100,000s. Excellent benefits package.
The Dean for School of Professional Studies will report directly to the Vice President for Academic Affairs and provides leadership for a strong School of Professional Studies with a rich tradition of preparing leaders for their professions and communities. In the role as a key leader on campus, the Dean will be known for professionalism and a collaborative/accessible style. The successful candidate will be able to articulate a genuine commitment to Peru State’s open enrollment mission and have demonstrated passion for engaged teaching and learning and working with diverse populations. The position requires advanced project management, formal communication, and program solving skills, as well as the capacity for leadership at this level.
The School of Professional Studies is the home for the Business Administration, Criminal Justice and Psychology programs. Each major is available both on campus and online. There are approximately 800 students in these programs and there are 17 faculty and 2 staff.
- Establish a vision and operating plans for the School that facilitate innovation, high quality educational outcomes, enrollment growth, and student retention;
- Ensure appropriate assessment and program evaluation strategies exist and make data-driven decisions and proposals for program enhancement;
- Develop strong working relationships and formal partnerships with a wide variety of internal and external constituencies;
- Keep informed and facilitate communication regarding activities and relevant trends for disciplines housed in the School and for higher education in general;
- Meet with and advise existing and prospective students;
- Recommend, supervise, mentor, evaluate and formally develop faculty and staff;
- Manage the department’s budget and office procedures;
- Actively participate in college recruiting efforts and campus events;
- Foster an environment in the School that is collaborative and collegial;
- Support and administer engaged learning programs and activities in the School; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Terminal degree;
- Ability to provide leadership for faculty in Business Administration, Criminal Justice and Psychology;
- Record of effective teaching experience in higher education;
- Record of scholarly or creative achievement;
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including budget management; and
- Experience teaching and/or administering online programs.
- Significant leadership experience in public and/or higher education;
- Experience generating and accommodating enrollment growth; and
- Deep understanding of technology trends and applications.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Apply at www.peru.edu. Please submit the completed application plus letter of interest, and curriculum vitae clearly showing education, work background and years of experience.
This position is subject to veterans preference. Offers of employment will be conditional upon satisfactory results of a background check.
GENERAL INFORMATION: PSC is an equal opportunity institution. PSC does not discriminate against any student, employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, religion, or age in employment and education opportunities, including but not limited to admission decisions. The College has designated an individual to coordinate the College’s non-discrimination efforts to comply with regulations implementing Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act, Title IX, of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act. Reports regarding discrimination or harassment may be directed to the following Compliance Coordinator. In addition, inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies and practices may be directed to the Compliance Coordinator: Ms. Eulanda Cade, Peru State College, Administration Building, Room 312, PO Box 10, 600 Hoyt Street, Peru, NE 68421-0010, (402) 872-2230 email@example.com.