Digital Content Coordinator
Posting Number S01296 Position Title Digital Content Coordinator Internal Position Title Digital Content Coordinator Department Public Relations & Marketing Position Type Staff Job Family Specialist Job Summary
The College of Lake County is seeking a Digital Content Coordinator to create and coordinate the production of online editorial and marketing assets for its website and growing web properties. The ideal candidate will have strong copywriting and the ability to use a content management system. Under direction of the department director, the Digital Content Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that CLC’s various audiences’ needs are met during their customer journey through the strategic use of content. Develop and distribute compelling and well-organized content based on a thorough understanding of business objectives, user needs and best practices. The role is ideal for a strategic thinker who thrives on creating content and being “in the weeds.” The College is seeking a coordinator who can demonstrate CLC’s benefits, generate demand, grow brand awareness and ultimately help drive increased enrollment.
The College of Lake County ( CLC ) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019.
1. From a regionally accredited institution: bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or public relations.
2. At least 2 years of professional experience in content creation and web content management or related field
3. Knowledge of HTML, CSS, image editing and optimizing images for web.
4. Experience working with web content management systems.
5. Experience with strategic brainstorming, campaign development and execution
6. Knowledge of SEO optimization
7. Skilled at managing multiple projects and deadlines.
8. Has excellent communication skills
9. Proven aptitude for quick creative thinking and acute attention to detail within demanding deadlines.
10. Sound understanding of graphic design and a keen appreciation of the interplay between textual and visual elements.
11. Creative concepts skills
12. Detail oriented and highly organized professional with project management skills
13. Team player able to listen to team’s needs, collaborate and deliver on objectives
14. Has strong time management skills.
15. A self-starter who possesses excellent communication skills who produce accurate and timely work.
16. Some weekend work and some flexibility in work hours required.
Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Desired Qualifications Posting Date 09/23/2020 Closing Date 10/25/2020 Expected Start Date 11/23/2020 Special Instructions Summary Pay Rate $42,254 annually Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time Location Grayslake Total Hours per week 40.00 Work Schedule
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday
Software Testing Required None Interview Process Requirements Writing Samples, Portfolio EEO Statement
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications,
or Public Relations from a regionally accredited institution?
- * Do you have at least 2 years of professional experience in
content creation and web content management or related field?
- * Do you have work experience in HTML, CSS, image editing and
optimizing images for web?
- * Do you have knowledge of SEO optimization?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Media Portfolio
- Design Portfolio
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Marketing & Sales Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Digital Media Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake