Posting Number S01298 Position Title Purchasing Technician Internal Position Title Purchasing Technician Department Purchasing and Contracts Position Type Staff Job Family Classified Job Summary
The College of Lake County is currently looking for a Purchasing Technician to join the Purchasing Department. Under the general supervision of the Manager, the Purchasing Technician helps the day to day activities of the Purchasing Department. The Purchasing Technician is a highly responsible technical/office support function providing operational assistance in the sourcing and purchasing of supplies, materials and services in compliance with established purchasing regulations and practices. Prepares, maintains and processes financial and statistical records and reports related to College purchasing functions; and to perform a variety of support services and coordination of College Purchasing functions. Initiates the first steps in the procurement card reconciliation process and contract review, approval and routing for signatures. Provides purchasing department support, exercises discretion in disseminating material and/or information based on knowledge of College policies and procedures, and anticipates and initiates action regarding operational details.
CLC offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits that currently includes BlueCross/BlueShield of Illinois health, Delta dental and Superior vision insurance plans, tuition support for employees and qualified family members, three retirement plans, disability, group and supplemental life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending account plans, a four-day work week in the summer (Fridays off!), generous vacation, sick and personal time off and 13 paid holidays each year.
The College of Lake County ( CLC ) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019.
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Five years executive administrative support experience.
• Prior experience using report writing software and proficiency in internet research required.
• Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Must have intermediate/advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office programs and report writing software to access data, maintain records, generate reports and communicate with others. Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and multi-task and prioritize deadlines. Ability to manage multiple priorities within tight deadlines. Ability to write documents following prescribed formats, and/or present information to others. Ability to problem-solve to identify issues and create action plans. Ability to communicate effectively with varying levels of students, staff and external customers. Proven ability to work effectively with individuals and teams from diverse backgrounds and professional responsibilities. Excellent communication (written and oral), interpersonal and organizational skills with good attention to detail and follow-up skills. Demonstrated ability to exercise judgment and discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality. Ability to handle all situations with tact, persuasiveness, and diplomacy.
• Two years of progressively responsible experience in procurement operational support
• CPPB Certification
• Associates degree
• Knowledge of public purchasing practices; pertinent codes, policies, regulations and/or laws; quantity buying techniques
• Experience using PeopleSoft ERP
Posting Date 09/23/2020 Closing Date 10/07/2020 Expected Start Date Special Instructions Summary Pay Rate $18.59/Hr. Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time Location Grayslake Total Hours per week 40.00 Work Schedule
Monday – Friday, Hours 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Software Testing Required Excel, MS Word, Outlook Interview Process Requirements None EEO Statement
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent?
- * Do you have five years of executive administrative support
- * Do you have prior experience using report writing software
and proficiency in internet research?
- * Do you have two years of progressively responsible experience
in procurement operational support?
- * Do you have a CPPB Certification?
- * Do you have an Associate's degree or higher?
- * Do you have experience using PeopleSoft software?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake