Posting Number AS173P Position Title Scholarship Specialist Contract Length 12 months Class Summary
Working closely with the Foundation Office and Enrollment Management Office, the Scholarship Specialist Develops and implements strategies to facilitate recruitment, and enrollment and tracking students in the Opening Doors Promise Scholarship Program. This position oversees the management of donor funded restricted and unrestricted scholarships. This person serves as a liaison to donors, area high school districts, other COM departments, and the community. The scholarship Specialist will partner with the Financial Aid Literacy team to assist in the implementation of HB 3 in COM’s servicing area.
Candidates Eligible to Apply Internal/External Position Type Non-Exempt Staff Employment Status Full Time Position Funding Type Regular
Associate degree or higher.
Three years of experience in a progressive
student services experience.
Software experience using Ellucian Datatel Colleague
Minimum Knowledge & Skills
• Knowledge of federal, state, and institutional financial aid programs and requirements
• Student Services (Admissions, Advising, Registration) processes
• Financial literacy topics
• Business software programs
• Course content and objectives
• Use of computers and related software application programs
• Management skills
• Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey the information and to receive work direction
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
1. Promote, publicize, and disseminate information about the college’s Promise scholarship program to students, parents and other stakeholders, including development of brochures, flyers, posters, and website.
2. Advise and assist potential scholarship donors about application and eligibility requirements.
3. Respond to scholarship inquiries from students, staff and donors and resolve problems related to scholarship transactions.
4. Track and monitor individual student accounts to assure students maintain eligibility and program compliance.
5. Assist with financial literacy activities on and off campus using various media (online, instruction, workshops, etc.).
6. In coordination with Enrollment Management, prepares recruitment schedule, and plans recruiting events.
7. Communicate with Financial Aid staff regarding Title IV and other federal regulations and monitor changes to those regulations. Prepare reports for internal/external programs or organizations.
8. Participate in a variety of other assigned activities as they relate to scholarships and financial aid, including but not limited to financial aid outreach efforts, scanning of documentation, review incoming documentation for completion, etc.
9. Perform other duties as assigned or required.
Frequent walking, standing, climbing, stooping, bending, kneeling, and reaching, heavy lifting and carrying. Ability to operate hand, power, and bench tools. Work in tiring and uncomfortable positions; outside and inside; on slippery or uneven walking surfaces; on ladders, and scaffolding; and around machinery with moving parts. Exposure to hot and cold temperatures, and excessive noises.
Minimum Salary Range $46,389 Mid Point Salary Range . Maximum Salary Range $57,987 Posting Open Date 09/16/2020 Posting Close Date Posting Will Be Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant EEO Statement
College of the Mainland is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, disability or veteran status.
College of the Mainland does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of faculty and staff, and the operation of its programs and activities, as specified by federal laws and regulations within Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and 1992.
Quick Link to Share for Direct Access to Posting http://jobs.com.edu/postings/2319 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you available to work in the evening (6 pm to 10 pm)?
- * Are you able to work on occasional weekends for recruiting or
other related events?
- Cover Letter
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City