Admissions Counselor II
Admissions Counselor II
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Office Of Admissions
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
The Admission Counselor II is responsible for the recruitment activities in the San Antonio Area. This position advises San Antonio area students on admission requirements and transferability of courses prior to applying for admission to Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi, coordinates and facilitates school visits and other programs designed to attract high school and transfer students.
- 35% Advise San Antonio Area students on admission requirements
and transferability of courses prior to applying for admissions to
Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi. Coordinate and facilitate
school visits and other programs designed to attract high school
and transfer students.
- 30% Recruit high school, transfer, and graduate students during
the Texas Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions
Officers (TACRAO) recruiting season and other programs and
activities assigned by the Office of Recruitment and
- 20% Communicate with students, parents, and counselors via
phone, email, postal mail with regard to necessary information
about files and attending Texas A&M University-Corpus
- 10% Serve as a liaison to develop partnerships between the
university and local school systems and community colleges
throughout the San Antonio Area.
- 5% Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree.
- One (1) year of related experience in admissions, student
recruiting, or college relations.
- Ability to travel for recruitment purposes.
- Ability to work irregular hours during scheduled times,
including occasional weekends as needed.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, and Outlook) and in personal computers.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication
skills to be able to communicate effectively with diverse
populations in a positive, courteous, and professional
- Strong customer service and public presentation
- Demonstrated ability to plan, initiate, and organize
- Master's degree in Education, Communications, or
- Documented excellence in a professional role, dealing
one-on-one with people on a daily basis in a dynamic
- Experience with Banner Student Information System and/or
Customer Relations Management Software.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Admissions-Counselor-II_R-032674