Sep 22, 2020
Admissions & Enrollment Dev – HAED
$49,803 - $62,254
The Admissions Officer has responsibility for meeting annual goals for the enrollment of new students. The primary duties of the Admission Officer is to conduct in person and virtual recruitment, preregistration and enrollment activities designed to attract new students for enrollment. These activities will target the enrollment of students in the general population of assigned high schools, minority students, adult learners in businesses and organizations. In addition, the admissions officer will advise prospective students and their families regarding admissions standards, policies, procedures, financial aid opportunities, and the college’s credit degrees and certificate programs, and non-credit workforce certificate programs. This position has direct responsibility for achieving enrollment targets by building relationships with prospective students, applicants, families, school counselors, and business representatives. The Admissions Officer will work with the Director of Admissions to coordinate strategies to convert prospects and applicants to enrolled students with academic schools and departments, as well as other enrollment services staff.
Job Duties and
Respond to requests from individuals and organizations for information regarding credit and non-credit programs of study offered by the college. Evaluate documentation submitted for admissions. Provide enrollment advising, including a comprehensive view of the enrollment process, and continued enrollment assistance for first time students, dually enrolled students and students interested in workforce certificates. Implementing strategies designed to recruit students in the general population in assigned high schools, underrepresented students in assigned high schools, and adult learners in assigned territories. Maintain knowledge of the college’s academic and career program offerings and requirements, along with career and transfer opportunities. Monitor enrollment demographic trends, employment outlook in order to establish and implement recruitment and enrollment strategies.
Effectively communicate to potential students and others through email, social media, telephone, text and in person the college’s brand value, key marketing messages, benefits and features of the college. Clearly articulate the academic and professional outcomes resulting from degree or certificate completion. Develop and deliver custom presentations or programming based on audience interests, demographic data, equity, diversity and inclusion that includes a clear call to action.
Develop partnerships with businesses and organizations that serve adult learners in assigned territories. Develop partnerships with on-campus stakeholders, the Anne Arundel County community, and with organizations that serve multi-ethnic populations. Work as part of the Admissions team and in collaboration with institutional colleagues to achieve enrollment goals.
Participate in admissions and special enrollment activities, including, but not limited to, open houses, college fairs, the Maryland College Application campaign, calling campaigns, Personal Registration Days, Drop-In Registration Sessions. Coordinate and collaborate with Student Information Services as part of the AACC College Visit program.
Provide statistical summaries, reports and evaluations of recruitment activities, including, but not limited to the strategies for meeting enrollment targets. Demonstrate a high proficiency in the use of technology, including CRM, ERP, and Microsoft Office Suite. Assist in the development of publications, admission presentations and the website. Assist the director of admissions with the development of recruitment plans, presentations and programs.
Maintain knowledge of current national, state and local trends in admissions and enrollment management.
Participate in a plan of professional development to stay current regarding best practices for the profession.
Active participation in AACRAO, NACAC, HACU or related state and regional organizations is expected. Serve on division and college-wide work teams and committees as required.
Other duties as agreed upon.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Psychology, School Counseling, Public Administration, Business or related field
- Minimum of two years of relevant experience
- Strong multi-ethnic cultural competencies is Bilingual Spanish/English required. Ability to interact effectively and tactfully with students of diverse backgrounds • Goal setting, implementation, time management, data analytics and teamwork are essential skills.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills, including composition, grammar, punctuation, spelling, editing and proofreading skills • Demonstrated understanding of the sources of institutional and market data, and how analysis is conducted to develop a recruitment and enrollment plan.
- Demonstrate strong general computer knowledge, including Microsoft Office • Ability to travel throughout the county and occasionally to sites in the local metropolitan area. Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends to accommodate the enrollment needs of the college.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct admissions and special enrollment activities for the general and minority populations in assigned high schools, and for adult learners in assigned territories in a virtual environment
- Can demonstrate an understanding and appreciation of the importance of emerging technologies as they apply to process improvements for increased enrollments. Can assist with the development and implementation of new admission's technology projects.
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- Experience and/or working knowledge of the functions and operations of a college Admissions Office, experience in secondary school counseling, workforce development, and/or school-based and community programs focused on improving college knowledge and enrollment in multi-ethnic communities in a virtual environment
- Experience with Colleague, Banner, PeopleSoft or other higher education ERP's is highly desirable.
Hours Per Week:
For full position descriptions, required qualifications and to apply, please visit our web site at www.aacc.edu/employment and click on Career Opportunities.
AACC is an equal opportunity employer who values the power of diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace.