Manager of Global Technologies
East Carolina University
Manager of Global
Vacancy #: 932818
Recruitment Range: Commensurate with qualifications
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Global Academic Initiatives (GAI) is the unit within the Office of Global Affairs that leads East Carolina University’s virtual exchange programs. This includes developing, supporting, and providing training for virtual exchange programming and providing leadership for and maintaining Global Partners in Education (GPE), our network of partner institutions involved in virtual exchange.
The Manager of Global Technologies is primarily responsible for supporting, identifying, and implementing technologies that contribute to virtual exchange programming, the management of Global Partners in Education, and the mission of GAI and the Office of Global Affairs more broadly. The Manager of Global Technologies will also be responsible for supervising a team of student technology support workers, working with partner institutions to support their participation in GPE activities, and taking primary responsibility for managing GPEWorld (a story map project) and coordinating Global Discussions (a virtual exchange program for first semester freshmen).
Duties will include:
- Supervising and training a team of technology support student workers.
- Developing and providing technology tutorials and trainings for ECU staff and staff at partner institutions.
- Serving as a technology resource to partners in our virtual exchange network to help troubleshoot and improve technology performance.
- Working with potential new virtual exchange partners to assess technological capability and design a technology plan for participation in virtual exchange activities.
- Coordinating ECU’s Global Discussions program, a program that uses virtual exchange to connect first semester freshmen to primarily high school students around the world for a one time synchronous discussion about university life.
- Identifying, evaluating, and procuring emerging technologies that may improve virtual exchange initiatives and enhance unit goals.
- Updating and creating story maps that provide resource information about our partner countries.
- Supporting technologies and websites used by the unit.
- Liaising with ECU’s Information Technology and Communication Services (ITCS) to ensure technology needs for unit, particularly in our global classroom spaces, are made available, updated, and trouble free.
- Keeping abreast of technology issues around the world that may impact partner experience in virtual exchange activities.
- Additional Duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree plus three years of relevant experience.
Preferred Experience, Skills,
Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Technology or a related field with at least 3 years of relevant experience or Master’s degree in Instructional Technology or a related field plus one year of relevant experience. Ideal candidates will also have: experience providing technology training, programmatic support, and supervision; experience supporting synchronous Virtual Exchange and working cross-culturally; excellent intercultural communication and collaboration skills; experience with WordPress, storymaps (ArcGIS/esri) and maintaining servers; and Basic knowledge of PHP, Python, and/or other common programming languages.
Special Instructions to
East Carolina University requires applicants to submit a candidate profile online in order to be considered for the position. Candidates must also submit a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references, including contact information, online.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Additional Instructions to
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a candidate profile online via the PeopleAdmin system and submit any requested documents. Additionally, applicants that possess the preferred education and experience must also possess the minimum education/experience, if applicable.
Applications will be considered until position is filled. Please submit an online ECU application for vacancy # 932818 to ECU Human Resources at http://jobs.ecu.edu.
East Carolina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Visit this job posting at http://ecu.peopleadmin.com/postings/37770