Lecturer in Mathematics
The successful candidate will teach courses in general education mathematics as well as overseeing general education mathematics assessment. Inaddition, committee participation, and experience in online course development are desirable. Candidates are expected to demonstrate a commitment to teaching excellence and student success at the university level. The successful candidate must have the ability to work effectively with students, faculty, and staff from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds. Lecturers are required to maintain additional hours outside the classroom to provide assistance to students. Specific assignments are dependent upon department needs. Candidates may be called upon to teach in a distance education mode.
- Teach 12 hours per semester of undergraduate level courses
which may include some evenings;
- College Algebra, Contemporary Math and other courses.
- participate in core curriculum program development and assessment;
- work cooperatively with diverse groups;
- perform other duties as assigned by:
- the Dean of Arts and Sciences and
- the Chair of the Division;
- work with and be sensitive to the educational needs of a diverse student population.
The appointment is a nine month, non-tenure track position. The successful candidate will begin employment in spring 2021. This position requires a master degree in Mathematics or related fields; demonstration of excellence in teaching.
Applicants should submit the following online at www.uhv.edu/jobs
1. faculty application;
2. cover letter relating the applicant's expertise to the qualifications listed above;
3. current curriculum vitae;
4. a list of three professional references for the search committee to contact;
5. evidence of effective teaching (including student evaluations, if available);
6. list of all university level courses taught; and
7. copies of all college transcripts. (Official transcripts will be required of all finalists.)
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The University of Houston-Victoria is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution. Minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.Required Attachments by Candidate: Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae, Teaching Evaluation, Transcripts, Other
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Victoria
- Education Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Victoria
- Other Education Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Victoria
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Victoria
- Mathematics Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Victoria