ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION (NORMAN CAMPUS)
This position serves as a key administrative member of the Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, managing diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives and programs.
The selected candidate’s responsibilities include:
- Serving as an advocate, mentor, and resource for concerns and issues related to diversity and inclusion. Sharing best practices and remain current on Diversity and Inclusion trends.
- Advising on utilizing inclusive frameworks, strategies, and measures, including designing and delivering solutions to attract, recruit, develop, and retain an inclusive and diverse workforce.
- Performing complex data analysis and conduct needs assessment.
- Leading development and implementation of institutional programming addressing dimensions of diversity and inclusion. Facilitating Diversity and Inclusion training across all levels in the organization.
- Assisting in implementing strategies, policies, or procedures from the Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- Promoting and facilitating collaboration with the university community, emphasizing the importance of a diverse and inclusive environment. Creating opportunities for engagement.
- Providing supervision to staff and oversight of financial activities.
- Collecting information and data for benchmarking, reporting, and evaluation of diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Participating and assisting with university and public events on the subject of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Master’s degree and a minimum of six years’ experience working with diversity issues. Advanced degree preferred with three years of professional or related field experience.
- Experience with successful development and implementation of diversity, equity, and inclusion training programs to raise awareness and develop best practices.
- Ability to work collaboratively and to build consensus with a wide variety of constituents.
- Strength in creative problem solving when faced with complex and nuanced situations.
- Understanding of a variety of work styles, department dynamics, and academic values.
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential.
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES SPECIFIC TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
- Advanced theories and principles related to diversity, equity, and inclusion best practices.
- Program management and development principles specific to inclusive excellence and campus climate.
- Understanding of 1964 Civil Rights Act, the 1991 Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity, and other applicable laws.
- Understanding of higher education principles, practices, and effective training facilitation.
- Experience with conflict resolution and mediation negotiations, utilizing methods centered on group dialogue.
- Demonstrated cultural fluency.
- High emotional intellingence providing strong ability to work with diverse academic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of college students, faculty, and staff.
- Collaboration, consensus building, and an ability to manage change and sensitive topics.
- Advanced problem-solving skills which demonstrate an ability to analyze and make sound recommendations on complex management and administrative issues, including identifying alternative solutions, projecting consequences of proposed actions, and making recommendations in support of larger university goals.
- Expert communicator, ability to communicate effectively across cultures through oral and written mediums, specifically comfort with public speaking.
- Utilizing computer technology for communication, data gathering, and reporting activities.
To apply, please visit: https://apply.interfolio.com/79106
The University of Oklahoma is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Norman
- Student Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Norman
- Chief Student Affairs Officers & Vice Presidents Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Norman
- Minority & Multicultural Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Norman