SUPERVISING CLINICAL THERAPIST
SUPERVISING CLINICAL THERAPIST
Posting Number: SRGV4659
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: Counseling Center
Scope of Job:
To provide specialized assistance and counseling to the general community population. Responsible for a variety of professional tasks related to developing, implementing and conducting specialized individual and group psychotherapy in a clinical setting.
Description of Duties:
• Provides therapeutic services to clients of clinic.
• Provides supervision to Practicum Students, LPC-Interns and/or Social Work Interns under specific supervision.
• Provides individual and group training to Practicum Students, LPC-Interns and/or Social Work Interns.
• Creates Psycho-Educational Groups to be offered to clinic client population.
• Trains Practicum Students, LPC-Interns and/or Social Work Interns in conducting the Psycho-Educational Groups.
• Assists with the determination of appropriateness of referrals.
• Works with departmental faculty in determining how they could use the clinical site as part of their classroom instruction.
• Assists with the development and implementation of new programs, strategies, and goals for individual mental health, group psychotherapy.
• Periodically reviews and evaluates the effectiveness of existing programs and services.
• Assists the clinic director in periodically reviewing and revising forms being used to document the services clinic clients receive.
• Adheres to established policies and procedures of the University, UT System, and the clinical site.
• Maintains appropriate documentation to ensure compliance with state laws.
• Acts as clinic representative with all internal and external University committees and organizations.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General direction from the assigned supervisor.
Practicum Students, LPC-Interns, Social Work Interns, and assigned support staff.
Master’s degree in a mental health related field.
Must be licensed in a mental health discipline in the State of Texas. Currently possess the supervisor credential for LPC or LMSW interns, or obtain within 3 months of employment.
Four (4) years experience in a counseling position of which at least two (2) years as a licensed mental health professional.
Bilingual in English/Spanish.
Use of standard office equipment. Use of VHS/DVD Monitoring system to provide live supervision for Practicum Students and LPC-Interns.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Usual office environment; may be required to lift up to 25 lbs.
Ability to set and adjust priorities; handle a high volume of work with frequent interruptions; work independently and in a flexible manner to meet changing business requirements. Demonstrate strong interpersonal communication skills; ability to speak and write clearly and concisely. Seeks to listen and understand views and comments of others. Some travel will be required. Ability to work weekends and/or evenings as needed.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 09/22/2020
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/25823