Associate Director, Facilities Services
William Paterson University invites applications for the 12-month full-time position of Associate Director, Facility Services.
Reporting to the Director of Physical Plant Operations, the Associate Director Facilities Services is responsible for code compliance, maintenance and processes that provide excellent facilities, grounds, and campus wide services. The Associate Director acts and advocates for safe, reliable, high performing, and cost effective facilities and institutional processes in accordance with established strategic goals and the needs of the University community. The position identifies and addresses issues of concern with all constituents while maximizing assigned resources.
In joining the Physical Plant Operations Department at William Paterson University, you will be joining an organization dedicated to customer service for a State University that spans approximately 375 acres in Wayne, New Jersey. The Department is responsible for overseeing building maintenance and infrastructure for approximately 2.2. million square feet of conditioned space with nearly 200 employees and serves the campus 365 days a year. The selected candidate will be joining a department that is dedicated to providing cost-effective, timely, and courteous service to a diverse body of internal customers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the operations and assigned personnel within the Carpentry, Painting, Locksmith, Grounds Maintenance, Automotive Service trade shops and the Mail Processing Center. Develop, coordinate and implement training programs that ensure compliance with OSHA regulations, established standards and building codes.
- Prepare, develop, and manage cost and time estimates, budgets, contracts, client relations, and services including scheduling, and coordinating with other work groups; review client performance and make recommendations.
- Serve on University committees and capital project teams and other committees to advise on building components, accessories, equipment selection, and other parameters; collaborate with internal and external constituents including governmental and regulatory agencies.
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of personnel, establish priorities and assigns work, review work product; participate in the initiation of disciplinary actions and the resolution of grievances as required.
- Evaluate, analyze, and implement campus wide service including research, support services, preventive maintenance, emergency repairs, capital projects, and recommending equipment purchases.
- Serve as an internal consultant and as a liaison to external constituents including governmental and regulatory agencies on matters related to health, safety, and environmental compliance; review, recommend and implement policies and procedures for a safe working environment in compliance with established standards and codes.
- Develops and track metrics, using industry standards, to assess and benchmark maintenance and repair activities including customer satisfaction, attendance, on-time completion, and budget adherence.
- Performs other duties as assigned and appropriate to the position.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Five (5) or more years of facility maintenance/building trades supervisory experience in an institutional setting including operation of facilities, building/infrastructure design and direct management of employees.
- Demonstrated experience developing and managing projects, project budgets and contracts.
- Available on call 24 hours/7days to respond to emergency situations.
- Must possess driver's license valid in the State of New Jersey.
- Bachelor's degree with a focus in engineering, maintenance management, building or real estate management or building technology field.
- Master's degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Management experience within civil service or union environment.
- Ability to read and understand architectural, engineering and construction documents, operations and maintenance manuals, and other related materials.
Personal attributes and traits:
- Able to clearly, effectively, and efficiently communicate in a diverse environment in both oral and written format.
- Capable of understanding and addressing the essential factors of a situation and bringing together all the necessary resources in a consultative manner
- Ability to identify, prioritize activities, and distribute tasks that lead to a specific goal or set of goals.
- Desire to help others expand their talents and potential.
- Capable of providing energetic, resourceful, caring, and decisive leadership
Please click to apply for the position.
Interested candidates will be prompted to:
- Complete an application
- Submit a cover letter & CV
- Provide names/contacts of three professional
Submission of all documents listed above is required for consideration.
Review of applications will commence immediately and continue until the position is filled. General questions related to this application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.orgAbout William Paterson:
William Paterson University is the third most diverse public university in New Jersey. As a longstanding member of the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU), we have been designated by the US Department of Education as a Hispanic-Serving Institution. William Paterson University is also proud to be designated as a NASA MSI (Minority Serving Institution). The University offers more than 250 undergraduate and graduate academic programs that range from liberal arts and sciences to pre-professional and professional programs; it enrolls nearly 10,000 students from across the country and from over 40 nations. The University is situated on a beautiful, 380-acre suburban campus in Wayne, New Jersey, just twenty miles west of New York City.
William Paterson University is an equal opportunity employer that actively values and supports diversity among faculty, staff and students. Women, minorities, and members of under-represented groups are encouraged to apply.