ADJUNCT FACULTY NEEDED ALL DISCIPLINES
Faculty member’s responsibilities shall be teaching courses as assigned.
Faculty members must possess a willingness to teach face to face classes in the Spring.
Faculty member must possess a willingness to be certified to teach online.
The following are some disciplines in need of adjunct faculty: Accounting, Architecture, Astronomy, Biology, Business, Chemistry, College Success, Communications, Computer Science, Criminal Justice, Developmental English, Economics, Engineering, Engineering Technology, English, English as a Second Language, Fine Arts, Fire Science, Game Design, Government, History, Mathematics, Modern Language, Paralegal Studies, Philosophy, Physics, Psychology and Sociology.
Characteristics, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Teaches assigned courses in accordance with description published in catalog and the approved course syllabus, in accordance with schedule of classes and incorporating interactive approaches, technologies and methods when possible.
- Incorporates an appreciation of diverse lifestyles, cultures and national perspectives into courses.
- Incorporates the use of the library into courses, uses writing as an instructional method, and utilizes computing and other academic technologies in courses when possible.
- Meets all scheduled class meetings.
- Advises Division Dean/Assistant Dean of absences in a timely manner.
- Maintains accurate grade and attendance records for students enrolled in classes and submits required reports to Dean/ Assistant Dean or Student Records Office.
- Submits grades per published deadline.
- Participates in assessment of learning outcomes and demonstrates the use of the results of these assessments in course planning.
- Plans in advance to ensure availability of supplies, textbooks, and classroom equipment requisite to successful teaching of assigned classes.
- Submits progress reports on students for counseling, athletic oversight, and record keeping purposes and discusses with counselors and other appropriate personnel any problems of students which may require special attention.
- Adheres to College policies and procedures.
- Master’s Degree required in the discipline unless otherwise specified.
- Some teaching experience is required.
- Official college transcripts must be submitted prior to interview.
- Teaching experience at the community college level preferred.
Competencies and Skills Required:
- Certification or license as needed and appropriate.
- Demonstrated ability to teach undergraduates.
- Willingness to use alternatives educational delivery systems and instructional techniques.
- Commitment to incorporation of library, computers, writing and culturally diverse perspective into the curriculum.
- Knowledge of competency-based education.
- Commitment to the practice of providing for out-of-class interaction with students.
- Fundamental competency in the use of information technology.
- Commitment to continued assessment of the teaching-learning process and its outcomes.
- Commitment to continual professional growth and development.
- Demonstrated mastery of subject matter of discipline.
Terms of Employment:
Part-time. Flexible schedule to meet department needs. Some evening, weekends, and extended hours will be required. Ability and willingness to travel on short notice to all on and off- campus sites as needed by the college. Employee must establish primary residency in New Jersey within one year of appointment unless an exemption applies.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- This position’s duties are normally performed in a typical interior/residence work environment, based on the activity scheduled.
- Some physical effort required; however, the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- Some travel required.
Union County College does not discriminate and prohibits discrimination, as required by state and/or federal law, in all programs and activities, including employment and access to its career and technical programs.
Union County College is an EEO/AAP Employer/Protected
Disclaimer: This job description outlines the general nature and key features performed by various positions that share the same job classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of all employees assigned to the job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or re-assign duties to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other business reasons.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Competitive Part Time jobs in Cranford
- Humanities Adjunct Competitive Part Time jobs in Cranford
- English & Literature Adjunct Competitive Part Time jobs in Cranford
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Adjunct Competitive Part Time jobs in Cranford
- Other Science & Technology Adjunct Competitive Part Time jobs in Cranford