Front Desk Specialist I
Primary responsibility to provide initial patient-family contact and maintain the continuity of patient rapport throughout the patient’s visit. The individual serves as a key player in the front desk activity (checking-in and checking out patients) for various providers of health care services at various locations. Individual is customer service oriented, experienced and knowledgeable of front desk duties for multiple payers and patients. This position requires the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to deal with stressful situations with resourcefulness and initiative. The ability to accept training, instruction and change with a positive attitude is essential. The individual interacts with patients, employees, management, and other support and professional staff. The individual should know how to interact professionally verbally and via written coorespondence. The nature of the work demands maturity, courtesy, tact, professionalism, a sense of urgency, confidentiality, technical and interpersonal technical skills.
- Greets patients and obtains demographic, financial and insurances information; enters or updates data in EPIC Calculates and collects patient time-of-service payments in accordance with departmental cash collection and control procedures.
- Collects patient copays.
- Responsible for daily reconciliation of all payments and petty cash.
- Informs patients of any visit delays.
- Answers any questions received at the front desk.
- Attends Front Desk team meetings.
- Manages patient appointments and may schedule follow up visits.
- Responsible for distributing patient documents and scanning documents in EPIC.
- Ensures charge tickets are marked and records all charges captured by physician on department charge tickets.
- May pre-certify patient insurance for clinic procedures.
- May provide instructions to patients concerning testing and surgeries.
- Acts as liaison between patient, physician, and billing office regarding billing and collection issues.
- Acts as liaison between patient, clinical staff and physician regarding questions.
- Answers telephone and routes calls to the appropriate individual.
- Provides varied, job-related administrative support as needed.
- May correspond with insurance companies regarding patient accounts.
- High school diploma or GED.
- One year of relevant experience.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston