Postdoctoral Fellow PhD
The Orengo lab aims to foster a collaborative and scholarly scientific environment. Our lab culture best melds with individuals who are highly self-motivated, passionate, creative and most importantly team oriented. We feel that science is an exciting and rewarding career worth a major investment of time and energy.
Seeking a self-motivated, productive and team oriented post-doctoral fellow to drive a project focused on better understanding motor neuron degeneration. The fellow will have access to mouse and zebrafish models to study genetic variants associated with human disease. In addition, human tissue is available to derive iNeurons or iPCS derived neurons for studying these variants.
- Plans, directs and conducts specialized and advanced research experiments.
- Evaluates and analyzes data independently.
- Establish new research protocols and procedures.
- Summarizes research findings and publish results in research journals.
- May be responsible for laboratory operations.
- May supervise research staff.
- Ph.D. in an area of Biology.
- Preference will be given to those with experience using mouse, zebrafish or human neuronal cell culture models to study neurological disease.
- Should not be more than 5 years past terminal year of Ph.D. defense.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston