Benefits Manager - Part Time
Benefits Manager - Part Time
The City Colleges of Chicago (CCC) is made up of seven colleges, the largest community college system in Illinois and one of the largest nationally. We provide more than 70,000 students each year access to a quality, affordable education. CCC supports students in meeting their goals – whether that is pursuit of a credential to head into or advance in the workforce, an associate degree with the intention to transfer to a four-year college, free GED or ESL courses, or continuing education. CCC seeks candidates committed to our students' success and offers a unique opportunity for faculty and staff to have a lasting impact in our students' lives.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Health & Benefits, the Benefits Manager is responsible for coordinating the administration of CCC's State University Retirement System (SURS) plans. They will also assist in the administration of all health and welfare programs including medical, dental, vision benefits plans, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and additional voluntary benefits for CCC's eligible employees and retirees. Performs related duties as required.
- Oversees and works closely with Benefits staff in performing day-to-day operations and the administration of SURS.
- Provides and oversees staff providing customer service to employees, responding to benefits inquiries and complaints and ensuring a timely and equitable resolution.
- Ensure day-to-day administration and processes are incompliance with all federal and state rules and regulations governing CCC's benefits programs.
- Participates in the annual open enrollment process and benefit fairs in close collaboration with the Director.
- Work with Director and Executive Director in the planning, review and implementation of projects related to CCC's benefits programs.
- Conducts research and analysis of industry trends, employee surveys, and workplace best practices to help design and identify benefits packages that are competitive, meet employee needs, and support organizational goals.
- Serves as the point of contact for the third-party administrators for SURS.
- Continually develops knowledge base of benefit plans and benefits FAQs. Contributes to continual improvements/enhancements to benefit program design to attract and retain talent.
Reporting Relationships Reports to:
Executive Director, Health & Benefits Direct
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Human Resources, Business Management or a related field
- Five years of progressively responsible relevant benefits experience • Experience administering and participating in implementing benefit programs
- Experience developing plan materials and communications for benefits programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven analytical and research skills
- Knowledge of benefit plan design and administration for a variety of benefits
- Knowledge of benefit regulations such as HIPPA, ERISA and COBRA
- Ability to work with employee at levels of the organization
- Ability to handle situations with tact and diplomacy and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner and maintain all information in a highly confidential manner
- Must be self-directed, organized, innovative in the continuous improvement of the department
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago.