Accounting Technician III
The College of Arts and Sciences encourages applications for the Accounting Technician ! In this role, you will assist with financial management, and coordinate expense reimbursements, procurement card transactions, and purchase orders, in addition to participating in various special projects.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The College of Arts and Sciences within the University of Colorado Boulder is the intellectual core of the university, conducting research, scholarship, creative work, and education in more than 60 fields. Our research generates new knowledge, solving some of the world’s most critical problems.
The college leads nationally in undergraduate and graduate education in the natural sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, bringing world-class research and scholarship to our students, both in and out of the classroom.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Financial Management Assistance
- Collaborate with campus financial partners.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, university, and A&S policies and procedures.
- Build and revise processes, forms, and reports to be used by each assigned department, evaluating departmental needs and accounting practices.
- Train and mentor new staff members within the Financial Service Center.
Expense Reimbursements and Vendor Payments
- Facilitate the expense reimbursement processes, instructing travelers on accurate protocols for university-related business travel. Gather and manage itemized receipts and other documentation.
- Prepare expense reports and coordinate payment of vendor invoices. Distribute charges, ensure timely reimbursement of expenses, and determine whether to further research complex expenses.
Procurement Card Program
- Collect receipts, generate expense reports, and reallocate charges. Ensure complete documentation and vendor payment.
- Manage new and current cardholder accounts and educate cardholders regarding the use of the Procurement Card.
- Evaluate requests and establish an appropriate means of purchase.
- Maintain all purchase orders and records of purchase and ensure the accuracy of charges.
- Troubleshoot receipt of goods and services by working with staff, faculty, and vendors.
What We Can Offer
The anticipated Starting Salary is $44,760.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Informed. Be Strategic. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Current Colorado residency required.
- Three years of experience in an occupational field related to the work assigned to the position. Appropriate education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
What You Will Need
- Capability to establish and maintain positive and collaborative working relationships.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail with a shown ability to effectively work in an environment with multiple interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive independently as well as on a team with the ability to work remotely utilizing platforms including, but not limited to Microsoft Teams and Zoom.
- Committed ability to learn and respond quickly to situations while providing excellent customer service.
- Sensitivity to, and appreciation of, cultural, political, and geographical differences with the ability to work well with students, faculty, and staff from around the world.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume. Must include date ranges and whether full time or part time work.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
- DD-214 for veteran applicants.
- Qualified veterans are eligible for veteran’s preference points within the State classified system. If you are a veteran and would like to have your DD214 evaluated to determine your eligibility for preference points, please attach a copy of your DD214 to this posting. If you do not wish to upload a DD214, please email a copy to email@example.com or send via fax at 303-492-4693 and reference the job to which you are applying.
- If using the educational substitution for experience: proof of degree or transcripts.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by September 26, 2020 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs .
Select here for additional information regarding Classified Staff positions: www.cu.edu/cu-careers/special-instructions-classified-staff-applicants
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu