Assistant Professor of Information Systems and Analytics (IS&A)
The Accounting, Finance, and Analytics Department at Dixie State University seeks applicants for a Assistant Professor of IS&A position, to start Fall Semester 2021. The IS&A program supports the College of Business core requirements, and develops graduates with value-added skills and applicable knowledge in highly interactive, student-oriented learning environments. This position is open to specialization, but there is a preference for an interest in Accounting Information Systems and FinTech in their classes. More information about the department and its associated programs and faculty can be found online at https://isa.dixie.edu/ .
- Design and teach courses in (IS&A) and other related business/analytics areas in both lower and upper undergraduate levels as assigned, with potentially teaching graduate courses within the university’s Master of Accountancy (MAcc) program. Base job workload is 24 credit hours per academic year.
- Develop and teach courses online as assigned.
- Counsel/advise students majoring in IS&A and related areas.
- Maintain regular office hours and be available to students and faculty.
- Attend department, division, and college faculty meetings; work with other faculty in program management; and adhere to university policies.
- Serve on university, division, and/or department committees as assigned.
- Perform other faculty duties as prescribed by AACSB accreditation for Scholarly Academic (SA) faculty.
- Terminal degree in MIS/IS&A or closely related discipline from an AACSB accredited college or university is required. Applicants who are advanced ABD candidates will also be considered, if degree completion will occur by August 2021.
- Specialization and/or experience in accounting and financial data systems is preferred; as well as active professional designation.
- Successful teaching experience at college or university level.
- Demonstrated potential to produce high quality, peer reviewed research.
- Ability to develop innovative curricula reflecting current industry standards, appropriate course content, and teach under a variety of teaching situations.
- Ability to work well with students and other faculty members.
- Knowledge and experience of assessment and accreditation standards.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
POSITION DETAILS, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Full-time (9-month) tenure-track faculty position. Pay & benefits will start July 1, 2021, while faculty service starts in August 2021. Annual salary of $90,000+, depending on qualifications & experience; additional compensation available for summer/overload teaching. Excellent benefits package included–see https://humanresources.dixie.edu/employee-benefits/ under “Example of DSU Benefits” for more details.
ELECTRONIC APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Application review begins November 2, 2020 ;position open until filled. Candidates must submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, contact information for three professional references (including email addresses), transcripts, and a Student Success Statement (1-2 pages) about their teaching or other experience, successes, and challenges in working with a diverse student population). Please upload all of the requested documents when you submit your application. Employment is contingent upon successful completion and certification of required degrees and upon successfully passing a background check. If, because of a disability, you need special services or facilities in order to apply for this opening, please call the Human Resources Office (435) 652-7520.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY: Dixie State University is an open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic institution committed to exceptional student learning and success. DSU has adopted an instructional approach of "active learning. active life" and a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship. We seek faculty and staff committed to providing students with an active, applied and career-oriented learning environment that is student-centered. Established in 1911 as a community college and in 2013 as a state university, DSU is located in picturesque southwestern Utah with its red rocks, desert climate, over 300 days of sunshine annually, and featuring easy access to world-class outdoor recreational opportunities. The nearest metropolitan area is Las Vegas, NV (120 miles) with amenities such as an international airport and professional sporting teams. Click here to learn more about the University.
Dixie State currently has approximately 12,000 students and has been a fast-growing Utah public institution of higher education over the last several years. We offer over 210 programs, including masters, bachelors, associates, certificates, endorsements, minors, and/or emphases. DSU seeks to recruit and retain diverse and ambitious faculty and staff who bring new ideas, possess values and career aspirations aligned with the mission and vision, and are inspired to build a premier open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic university. DSU is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer; the President and employees of DSU are fully committed to Affirmative Action and within its programs and activities, including in admissions and employment, Dixie State University does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination, including harassment, based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by University policy, Title IX, or any other federal, state or local law.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations and/or DSU’s non-discrimination policies:
- Director of Equity Compliance / Title IX Coordinator: Hazel Sainsbury - email@example.com , HCC 579, 435-652-7747.
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator: Abby Del Giacco - firstname.lastname@example.org , 435-652-7731.
- U.S. Department of Education, Office of Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, email@example.com , 800-421-3481.
- U.S. Department of Education, Denver Regional Office, firstname.lastname@example.org , 303-844-5695.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.