Assistant Director - Development Office, College of Creative Arts
The College of Creative Arts at West Virginia University is seeking applications for an Assistant Director of Development. This position is responsible for generating gifts of $50,000 and below, through annual fund and leadership annual gift work, which build and support the pipeline to major gift success. This will include: direction of an annual fund campaign; solicitation of prospects for annual gifts and leadership annual gifts; and grant writing.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Direct annual fund campaign, in coordination with the WVU Foundation.
- Develop and implement strategies to make contacts and to set visits for leadership annual gifts.
- Plan, schedule and complete travel, including overnight, to make contact with prospects and donors in completion of portfolio management.
- Manage a portfolio of leadership annual gift prospects (currently defined as $5,000- $50,000), as defined by working with the WVU Foundation, from initial qualification, cultivation, proposal development, solicitation and through stewardship.
- Research, writing and submission of grant proposals in the leadership annual gift range of $5,000- $50,000.
- Comply with all WVU Foundation reporting and accountability standards.
- Initiate and Facilitate collegial relationships and open communication with other Foundation and University development staff, and other University constituents in advancing the mission of the College of Creative Arts.
- Plan, execute, and/or staff prospect cultivation, hospitality, donor stewardship and recognition programs, and other special events as assigned.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the components of the College of Creative Arts, including current priorities assuring effective representation of all aspects of the College and its opportunities and needs for private support.
- Continue to advance personal knowledge/education regarding best and aspirational practices pertaining to university development, development tactics, effective and efficient communication, persuasion, and sales tactics.
- Complete other duties as may be assigned from time-to-time by the College's Dean or Director of Development.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Two (2) years of experience related to the area of assignment.
- Strong working knowledge of fundraising principles and strategies with an understanding of donor/constituent database systems.
- Knowledge of and experience in fundraising in an institution of higher education preferred. Comparable experience in marketing and sales can be substituted.
- Experience calling, conducting face-to-face appointments, managing relationships, creating and presenting proposals, and other fundamental elements of client/donor relationship or sales-related activities.
- Passion and enthusiasm for the university and the mission of the foundation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with potential donors, Foundation executives, University administrators, faculty and staff.
- Ability to translate relationship building beyond individuals to building relationships with corporations and private foundations.
- Ability to prioritize and organize complex projects, plans, and calendar visits to deliver results.
- High degree of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to manage highly confidential information.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office.
- Results-oriented, quality-driven and team oriented.
- Cover Letter
- Valid Driver's License
At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer at https://talentandculture.wvu.edu/
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer, and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Faculty Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Development & Advancement Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown