Director - Dean's Office
The Dean's Office in Statler College at West Virginia University is seeking applications for a Director. This position will serve as the Director of the Innovation Hub in the Statler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources. The incumbent will have management oversight of operations, including facility staffing and customer access, financial management, safety, and other administrative functions. The position will also be responsible for developing relationships with other innovation facilities at WVU and serving as a liaison for external stakeholders.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Manage the operations of the facilities included in the Innovation Hub, including the Rapid Prototyping Lab, Advanced Prototyping Lab, Electronics Lab, and a 3D Metal Printer facility.
- Develop outreach and marketing plan for Innovation Hub to promote operations and capabilities to potential external and internal client base.
- In cooperation with Statler College academic departments, develop an educational curriculum for students to become trained on manufacturing and electronics equipment and processes offered by the Innovation Hub.
- Serve as a resource for other maker spaces and innovation initiatives on campus. Work with students, faculty, staff, and community to support development and operations of Innovation Hub programs. Work with college K-12 outreach staff to develop STEM learning activities. Connect with WVU Launch Lab for commercialization and intellectual property support for personal projects.
- Leverage existing outreach programs, such as the Manufacturing Extension Partnership, to partner with small businesses in West Virginia.
- In conjunction with lab managers, create an access schedule and staffing plan for use of the facilities including internal users for recognized courses and research projects, personal projects, and users external to the institution. Monitor plan and adjust as needed to maximize facility availability and satisfy user work requests.
- Calculate annual usage rate schedules for facilities included in Innovation Hub. Monitor revenues and expenses and make necessary adjustments to rates charged based on under-recovery or over-recovery in accordance with federal guidelines. Obtain required approvals from WVU Cost Accounting unit.
- Develop and maintain inventory of Innovation Hub equipment. Evaluate equipment and capabilities offered by Innovation Hub facilities. Determine if offerings are appropriate based on usage, user feedback, and current technologies. Make suggestions for changes to Statler College Dean's Office.
- Administer billing and inventory systems for Innovation Hub facilities. Ensure proper rates are being applied to each activity, equipment usage is being recorded appropriately and accurately, and sufficient supply inventory is available to meet customer needs.
- Develop and maintain budget for Innovation Hub operations. Monitor revenue collections and work with Statler College Dean's Office to recover unpaid balances.
- Work with Statler College Safety Officer to create and document user training requirements and lab safety protocols for Innovation Hub facilities. Develop plan to coordinate facility access with satisfactory completion of equipment utilization and safety trainings.
- Prepare reports on facility usage, billing, revenues, and expenses for Innovation Hub team, Statler College administration, and other internal and external stakeholders, including donors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master Degree in engineering, finance, business administration, or related field or combination of education and experience.
- Two (2) years of experience working in academic research lab/fabrication facility or comparable industry experience.
- Two (2) years of experience in cultivating and developing clients or users for services.
- Two (2) years of experience managing a university recharge/service center or comparable facility.
- One (1) year of financial management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to organize information, perform financial calculations, draw logical conclusions, and prepare fiscal reports.
- Demonstrated ability to be customer oriented and work effectively with a diverse group of individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to perform supervisory duties and support team efforts.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize electronic systems for management activities, data processing, and financial analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to interpret and apply recharge/service center guidelines for state, federal, agency, and private funding sources.
- Ability to learn institutional requirements for the protection of intellectual property, technology transfer, and export control.
- Ability to learn specific institutional or college policies and procedures.
At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer at https://talentandculture.wvu.edu/ .
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer, and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown