HR Business Specialist
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University's Human Resources Compensation and Analytics team is growing and adding an HR Business Specialist to the ranks. Reporting to the Manager of Compensation and Analytics, the HR Business Specialist will provide analytical services to the Department by assisting in decision making on a variety of compensation and administrative tasks such as: one time/reoccurring payments, compensation reviews, and data analysis. This position will support all functions of human resources relating to data requests, including but not limited to data availability, feasibility of requests, and ad-hoc reports. He/She will facilitate the use of reporting tools and database technology across the University to ensure staff effectiveness and operational excellence.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Evaluating and approving fair and equitable one time/reoccurring payments while maintaining compliance with university guidelines and local, state and federal regulations.
- Perform compensation reviews to ensure fair and equitable base compensation in alignment with university strategic goals, FLSA requirements and state/municipality minimum wages.
- Responsible for ongoing data architecture processes and governance.
- Assist in implementation of systems and system updates within HRM system (Workday), testing, and validating data and software.
- Manage or oversee the completion of multiple salary survey and governmental reporting including but not limited to:
- CUPA Surveys
- Federal VETS-4212 Report
- Affirmative Action
- Department of Labor Occupational Employment Survey for various states
- IPEDS reporting
- Assist with maintenance of Affirmative Action Plan and contribute to university and departmental diversity efforts by sharing information from AAP and coordinating with recruiting team.
- Perform extraction, import, and export of data in various database applications into Workday
- Responsible for internal/external research and data support requests; may create reports and pull/share data from system while maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
- Assist in the design, analysis of and update of salary structures.
- Audit data on a regular basis to ensure data integrity. Perform data reconciliation to identify anomalies, errors or areas for enhancement/improvement.
- Support HR department’s continuous improvement culture by providing support for ad-hoc projects and improvements and during new initiatives or projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field; in lieu of degree, candidates with at least five years of analytical work experience will be considered
- At least two years’ experience working in a data analysis role
- Technical expertise with Microsoft operating systems, primarily Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook; advanced ability with Excel to include pivot tables; experience creating presentation models that include metrics and graphic representation
- Familiar with various reporting software
- Strong analytical problem solving skills and ability to exercise independent judgment when formulating decisions
- Self-motivated and able to learn new concepts and technology quickly and independently
- Superior project management skills and sense of urgency
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and strong verbal and written communication skills, including comfort in delivering formal presentations to leadership
- Excellent customer service and relationship building skills
- Prior experience in a compensation or HR analyst role
- Knowledge of human resources policies and procedures surrounding compensation
- Experience working within higher education field
- Prior HRIS system experience
- Knowledge of Polaris reporting tool
- Experience working with IPEDS or other federal reporting
- Experience managing an affirmative action plan
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Institutional Research & Planning Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach