Operations Assistant, Upward Bound
The Upward Bound Operations Assistant will support the Director of the Program with a variety of administrative functions involved with running a major federally funded program. Duties will include scheduling and support, administrative activities, budget and account support, management of web-based information databases, fielding inquiries, providing administrative support with grant proposals and post-award reporting, drafting non-technical materials and correspondence, event planning and management. Please note this is a 12-month federally funded program that is part-time (20 hours).
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements :
- Two (2) years’ administrative/office management experience with data collection/database experience
- Associate’s degree; Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business administration or a related discipline; or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
- Demonstrated experience working with lower-income, first generation students and individuals with disabilities or similar populations preferred
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office)
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
The coordinator role requires strong computer skills and a high level of experience and proficiency with current versions of the Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Applicants should possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, with an ability to communicate clearly and professionally; a positive problem-solving attitude; the ability to work independently and as an effective team member; self-motivation and highly developed organizational skills; the ability to multi-task with an attention to detail and accuracy.
Academic - Staff
All offers of employment are contingent upon a satisfactory background check.
Fairfield University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, committed to excellence through diversity, and, in this spirit, particularly welcomes applications from women, persons of color, Veterans, and members of historically underrepresented groups. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with a disability.
Load a resume or CV first, then upload supporting documents including a cover letter at the bottom of the third page under the "My Experience" section where it says to upload a Resume/CV. You will be able to upload up to 5 other documents in this section. You will be unable to edit your application, so please have all documents available before applying. Faculty Positions : If you need to upload more than 5 documents, please either combine them to upload or email the additional documents to the applicable contact in the job description. Staff positions : If you need to upload more than 5 documents, please either combine them to upload or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Fairfield
- Business & Management Not specified Part Time jobs in Fairfield
- Business Administration Not specified Part Time jobs in Fairfield
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Fairfield
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Fairfield