Non-Medical Case Manager
University Code 22031 University Title Health Sciences Coordinator 1 University Job Family Health Sciences ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Single Title Scope of Search Regional Working Title Non-Medical Case Manager Position Number 588060 Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Non-Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Pediatrics Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The purpose of this position is to effectively identify, schedule, and screen all eligible patients who are receiving Ryan White grant funded assistance for patients not assigned to a Ryan White Medical Case Manager.
•The Ryan White eligibility process includes all initial, six-month income checks, and yearly renewals.
•This position must abide by Ryan White eligibility determination policies in regards to documentation requirements and also, ensuring that other available patient assistance is accessed before Ryan White grant funding is used.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Knowledge of requirements to access Ryan White grant funds in the Commonwealth of Virginia
• Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, and other state or federal funded assistant programs for eligible individuals
• Knowledge of HIPAA and ability to implement privacy and confidentiality practices
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Ability to demonstrate exceptional teamwork behaviors
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to adapt to any changes in federal and state grant requirements
• Proficient in MS Office
• Sensitive to confidential health information and HIV / AIDS related issues and controversies and ability to adhere to related policy, procedures and law.
• Outstanding communication skills, oral and written
• Ability to work efficiently and collaboratively in a diverse work environment
Preferred Hiring Standards
Education: Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree
• Experience in a health care delivery system
• Cultural competency in working with a diverse population
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range $34,500-$36,500 Application Process/Additional Information Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours M-F Job Open Date 09/22/2020 Posting will close on or before 10/31/2020 Open Until Filled No Job Category Administrative/ Secretarial/ Clerical Is this a restricted position? Yes Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? No Sensitive Position Yes- A pre-employment fingerprint background check will be required. Resource Critical No Quick Link http://www.vcujobs.com/postings/100752 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Health & Medicine Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Health & Medicine Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond