Program Director, TRIO / Student Support Services
St. Catherine Universityinvites applications for
aTRIO/SSSProgram Directorposition. This is a full-time,
TRIO/Student Support Services is a U.S. Department of Education grant-funded program, providing comprehensive academic support services to students who are first-generation college students, come from a low income household, and/or have a disability. This position provides the opportunity to shape and lead a newly created program for St. Catherine University students. TheDirectorwill guide the development, implementation, administration, and activities of the program in accordance with federal regulations and grant objectives.
True to the mission of its founders, “love of dear neighbor without distinction,” St. Kate’s enrolls a richly diverse student body, fully half of which meet eligibility guidelines forTRIOStudent Support Services (SSS). St. Catherine University’s goal is to increase the number of eligible students who will be retained, remain in good academic standing, and graduate with a bachelor’s degree within six years. Join us in designing and launching our firstSSSprogram throughTRIO!
St. Catherine University in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation’s largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs for both women and men. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St. Catherine enrolls nearly 5,000 students in certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral programs in traditional day and evening/weekend/online formats.
- Oversee the goals, objectives and activities of theSSSprogram in helping students find their path
through postsecondary education with respect to their career and
graduate school ambitions, specific learning needs, and financial
- Communicate respectfully and build relationships of trust with
people of all cultures and abilities, affirming the worth and
preserving the dignity of individuals, families and
- Achieve program goals of providing support to students that
leads to strong academic outcomes and improvements in persistence
- Serve as an Academic Adviser responsible for coaching a small
portfolio of students.
- Lead, hire, train, and manage a small team of Success Coaches
who will advise students and coordinate other key program
activities and services.
- Collaborate with our grant management team to ensure that all
stipulations of the grant are fulfilled, including submission of
the annual performance report, oversight of the budget and
expenditures, and understanding and implementing the federal
guidance and regulations related toTRIO.
- Collaborate with all student services and support departments
on campus to increase awareness ofTRIOon
campus and promote discovery of partnerships to achieve program
- Oversee recruitment of student participants though chairing the
participant selection committee and giving final approval of
- Track student progress against goals and expectations and document support plans.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or
- Experience working in educational support (ex: financial
education, tutoring, disability resources, etc.)
- Experience working with students who have high barriers to
academic success (low-income, first-generation, etc.) and applying
academic success and retention strategies
- Experience developing and managing budgets
- Experience working in or interacting with federalTRIO/SSSprogram design and
- Experience establishing, tracking and reporting on key program
- Experience leading staff or students
- Master’s degree in Education, Higher Education, Counseling,
Psychology, or related field.
- One year of supervisory experience
- Experience managing and implementing grant programs,
- Experience in program development, design, and
- Three years progressively responsible experience in student
support programming or related area including program
administration, policy implementation, and fiscal
- Experience developing and managing large federal
- Experience with challenges similar to those faced
(first-generation, low-income, and/or students with
- Experience implementing federal guidelines, maintaining compliance with federal regulations, monitoring and assessing progress of participants, and submitting Annual Performance Reports
We seek creative, adaptable staff who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity, multicultural understanding, and cultural fluency. Consistent with the university’s commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their experience and service.EEO Statement
St. Catherine University is an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment to inclusion reflects the central value of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet to “love of neighbor without distinction” and provides a learning and working environment that is enriched by the diversity of all our members. Individuals of religious, racial, ethnic, gender identity, nation of origin, or disability groups that have traditionally had less representation in higher education are encouraged to apply. Should you need an interview accommodation please contact us at email@example.com or 651-690-6565.To Apply and Special/Other Requirements Summary
Visit https://stcatherine.peopleadmin.com/postings/search to
apply, including your resume/CV with a letter of interest. Three
references and successful completion of a background check will be
required for employment. For information, contact Lizette Bartholdi
at LMBartholdi@stkate.edu. Application deadline is October 16,
2020. Review of applications will begin immediately and will
continue until the position is filled; however, priority will be
given to complete applications received by October 16, 2020.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace / Tobacco Free Workplace
Our university is a proud member of the Upper MidwestHERCand is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Are you presently legally authorized to work in the United
States for any U.S. employer? Please be aware that St. Catherine
University is only able to consider candidates who are authorized
to work in the United States.
- St. Catherine University welcomes applications from candidates
who are traditionally under-represented. We are happy to consider
candidates who are currently in possession of a temporary work
visa, however, please be aware that we do not offer H1-B
sponsorship. Will you now or in the future require an employer to
sponsor you for an employment-based visa/status in the U.S. (e.g.
- Can you perform the essential functions of this position with
or without accommodation?
- How did you hear about this opportunity?
- St. Catherine University Website
- St. Catherine University employee referral
- Newspaper - Star Tribune paper
- Newspaper - Star Tribune web
- Community agency
- Newspaper - Pioneer Press paper
- Newspaper -Pioneer Press web
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Other Document 1
- Other Document 2
- Professional Reference Contact Information
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul