Program Manager 2 - (STA006422)
Manages the day-to-day operations of a large university program or department, including the supervision of staff employees, student workers, programs or processes.
- Plans and develops procedures for administering a large or complex department or program.
- Manages fiscal activities, including procurement and budget analysis.
- Provides guidance to subordinate staff and evaluates performance.
- Prepares abstracts, research reports, funding proposals, operations and procedure manuals, and other written material and documentation.
- Creates and reviews reports of expenditures and activities.
- May administer grants and grant-related related communications, scholarships and other operations.
- Develops, implements and maintains appropriate policies and procedures.
- May serve as property custodian for the department.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and 1 year experience.
Education: Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Experience: Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience.
Additional posting information:
The HEALTH Research Institute (HRI) leverages an interdisciplinary group of researchers at the University of Houston to advance science capable of meeting the health needs of the Houston community and beyond. Our primary mission is to conduct cutting-edge research that informs novel prevention, early detection, diagnosis, and intervention strategies that mitigate a broad range of health challenges. Our partnerships with a diverse array of stakeholders inform a growing public health challenge through multi-site cooperative trials, public health initiatives, and empowering dissemination and implementation activities that are embedded in the cultural fabric of the communities we serve.
The Program Manager will manage the NIH/NIMHD funded Research Centers in Minority Institutions (RCMI) U54 housed in the HEALTH Research Institute. The RCMI will address chronic health disparities in minority communities by going from bench science to translational research to dissemination and implementation.
Bachelor's Degree and three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
A demonstrated history of managing large research projects and w orking with Black, Asian, Latinx, and/or Native American communities.
This position will have the option of working remotely or in the office until further notice.
The following documents are required
- A cover letter stating your: (a) interest in the position; (b) background working with underserved populations and/or other relevant stakeholders; (c) interest in health equity science and activities; and (d) pertinent background / work-related experience.
- Curriculum vitae or Resume.
- A document listing the names and contact information of three professional contacts who could provide letters of recommendation.
Applications that do not include these documents will not be reviewed.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston