Research Tech 2 - (STA006436)
Provides assistance and expertise in various areas of research such as calibration of instrumentation, equipment maintenance and repair, preparation of samples for testing, monitoring of safety equipment and procedures, development and fabrication of prototype equipment, recording of test results, and basic analyses of data.Ensures experiments are preformed according to specification. May make practical technical recommendations to changes in procedures, equipment, or prototype design.Applies basic skill and develops advanced skills.Duties: Varied but standardized. Often assists with, and may perform, some advanced functions. Solves most routine problems while referring more complex questions to higher levels.Supervision: Receives direct supervision but is expected to select from a variety of standard procedures to complete tasks.
- Under supervision, support resarch activities using basic techniques including cell culture, protein extraction, RNA isolation, and biochemical assay, etc.
- Prepares reagen, culture media, common buffer, and experimental materials using laboratory protocols.
- Sterilizes glassware and lab ware for use in the laboratory
- Perform general maintenance of laboratory, clean up, and housekeeping jobs
- Assist in maintaining lab supplies
- Comply to University policies regarding safety.
Associates and 1 year experience
Associate's Degree with 1 years experience.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston