Assistant Business Administrator- Finance - (STA006427)
Assists the Business Administrator for a very complex college with the administration of the College's financial, budgetary and payroll operations. Provides financial support to the Office of the Dean.
- Reviews and certifies all expenditure and income documents for the College; serves as certifying signature authority in the College Business Administrator's absence.
- Reviews and approves the reconciliation of accounting records for the College; assists departmental staff with complex accounting issues.
- Authorizes expenditures and administers the budget for the Office of the Dean, and supervises the reconciliation of the Dean's cost centers.
- Assists with budget planning, projections and analysis; supervises annual budget preparations for the College.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of the College's financial databases.
- Prepares financial reports for the College.
- Provides training and support to departmental administration and staff regarding financial, budgetary and payroll matters.
- Reviews contracts for compliance with university policies and procedures for the College.
- Represents the College on behalf of the College Business Administrator as required.Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelors and 3 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.