Student Success Coach
Position Student Success Coach Full Time/Part Time Full Time Job Type Regular Position Summary
The Student Success Coach is responsible for actively promoting a positive and successful learning experience for students in an effort to increase student retention, success and completion. Oversees registration, class placement assessments, and presents a comprehensive orientation program aimed at motivating and engaging new undergraduate students. Assists students with goal setting and providing continuous communication and follow-up to maximize goal attainment.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for freshman enrollment and new student orientation processes; develops and presents student success strategies to undergraduate students; provides accurate individualized success coaching to a group of assigned undergraduate students.
• Qualifies and supports students in the Enrollment Success Program to provide students with pro-active interventions for early alert, satisfactory academic progress plans, and other student needs.
• Assists students with setting goals and identifying, planning for, and overcoming potential obstacles and defining steps in education and career planning; builds rapport and trust with students to support successful goal completion; monitors student progress toward goals; conducts follow up; offers coaching as needed.
• Provides assistance to problem solve issues that arise related to progress towards goals, persistence, and attendance through the use of the University’s early alert system
• Monitors student assessment scores, attendance, and maintains advising record in Degree Audit and Tutor Trak for co-curricular assessment of coaching session’s outcomes with appropriate documentation with software systems.
• Supports undergraduate students from enrollment through graduation.
• Provides academic coaching to undergraduate students through multiple modalities.
• Participate in trainings.
• Student monitoring to include closely tracking students’ progress, through communication and analytics, for each academic term, to ensure class attendance & academic progress and to proactively identify at-risk students, determine potential issues, and connect them to appropriate resources.
• New Student Orientation and Onboarding
*Point of contact for student onboarding once the initial admission process is complete.
• Serves on various departmental and institutional committees as requested.
• Maintains regular attendance.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Be familiar with campus resources and provide referral accordingly.
Minimum Job Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in education, counseling, psychology or related field from an accredited institution of higher learning recognized by the US Department of Education.
• Master’s degree
• Experience in providing service to students.
Special Conditions for Eligibility
May require working evenings and weekends.
Requires limited travel.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of and ability to follow college policies and procedures
• Knowledge of current technologies and word processing, database, presentation, and spreadsheet software, specifically Microsoft Office applications
• Knowledge of educational advising, tutoring and test administration, principles, practices, techniques and theory
• Knowledge of student success initiative development and implementation
• Knowledge of student resources, referrals and services
• Skill in presenting ideas and concepts orally and in writing to a diverse audience and adapt communication style to that audience
• Network effectively in order to forge strong stakeholder relationships that maximize recruitment efforts and facilitate matriculation
• Relate to a diverse population and to maintain composure when faced with difficult situations
• Skill in listening to issues, synthesizing information, and reaching sound conclusions
• Ability to multi-task and organize, prioritize, and follow multiple projects and tasks through to completion with an attention to detail
• Work independently while contributing to team environment
• Analyze problems, identify solutions and take appropriate action, resolve problems using independent judgment and decision-making processes
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, other department staff, students and the public.
• Repetitive hand motion and prolonged use of computer;
• Sitting for extended periods of time;
• No or very limited physical effort required.
Work is performed under limited supervision in a typical office and/or classroom setting with appropriate climate controls.
Pay Rate $39,673 Work Location/Campus Center Las Vegas, NM Campus EEO Statement
New Mexico Highlands University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We are committed to the University values of diversity, accessibility, excellence, and responsiveness.
For disabled access or services call 505-454-3242 or email email@example.com
Visit the link below for more information regarding affirmative action and equal opportunity:
Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW
Posting Number AS398P Open Date 07/09/2020 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
A complete online application must include: 1) Letter of interest/cover letter; 2) Resume; and, 3) Names, telephone numbers and email address of three (3) professional references in online application. References will be contacted in conjunction with on-campus interview. Upload required materials with online application. For disabled access or services, call (505) 454-3242 or contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org NMHU IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Quick Link http://nmhu.peopleadmin.com/postings/5931 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of
- Are you available to work in the evening (6 pm to 10 pm)?
- Are you available to work weekends?
- What is your Philosophy for serving students?
(Open Ended Question)
- How many years of experience do you have working in an office
- More than 10
- Provide examples of how you handled difficult situations with
those you have worked with.
(Open Ended Question)
- Please describe the attributes that will make you a strong
candidate for this position
(Open Ended Question)
- Please describe in detail how your background and experience
would be applicable for this position in a College/University
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/ Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcripts Conferring Required Degree
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Las Vegas
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Las Vegas
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Las Vegas
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Las Vegas
- Disabled Student Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Las Vegas