Manager of Enrollment Technology and Data Analytics, Information Technology (IT)
The Information Technology (IT) department invites applications for a Manager of Enrollment Technology and Data Analytics to join their team. This position will report to the Executive Director of Enterprise Technology, and will provide technology oversight for Enrollment Management Technology and Data Analytic ETL processing for our data warehouse. In this position, the selected individual will partner with our Enrollment Management offices and our Office of Institutional Effectiveness, along with other departments on campus in advancing our CRM Technologies and Data Analytics capabilities for the campus.
It is expected this position works to develop business intelligence data models, ETL’s, and processes for institutional leadership, faculty, and staff. The individual will work with colleagues in the Office of Institutional Effectiveness, Information Technology, and across the campus community to define business intelligence needs and to develop initiatives and solutions that help to improve institutional data capabilities. The individual in this critical role will serve in developing a culture of inquiry and data-informed decision making across the institution. This position will also oversee the technical decisions for the support of the Universities CRM platform for attracting and recruiting talented students to the UM family.
The person assigned to this role will demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills; time-management, and organizational skills to complete tasks with critical deadlines while paying attention to detail; ability to learn and apply the University of Montana and departmental policies and procedures. This position will supervise two employees who have responsibility for management of the Enrollment Management CRM and the corresponding integration platform, along with analysis and extraction of data.
This position requires incumbent to develop a working knowledge of the University of Montana business organizational leadership, structure, operations, business systems, processes and procedures. It is also expected the candidate will be able to develop and articulate a roadmap of business improvement recommendations across the university as well as demonstrate an improved relationship model with University of Montana leadership and staff.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of business intelligence tools, data warehouse architectures, functions, and features.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, data mining, and Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) procedures and tools
- Proficiency with retrieving data using SQL, PL/SQL, and familiarity with data warehousing and data governance issues.
- Knowledge of modern statistical methods and analysis, with direct experience in researching, developing, and maintaining statistical models
- Demonstrated knowledge of Relational databases, Big Data, and associated tools (SQL, PL/SQL, and Cloud hosted databases)
- Effective oral and written communication skills; professional customer service skills with the ability to share complex information with others
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in software design, development methodologies and analysis techniques
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and productive business relationships with others
- Ability to manage data warehousing initiatives and liaisons with various administrative offices as necessary to maintain progress and usability; proficiency in maintaining authority for coding and data reporting decisions within the campus data warehouse
- Work across campus to ensure the accuracy of reporting and promotion of a data informed environment including collaboration with Student Administration, Finance, HR, Facilities, Student Clearing House, Resident life, Co-curricular reporting, and high impact practices
- Support the Executive Director in a variety of projects and collaborate on larger initiatives to facilitate institutional change. Serve on a variety of institutional committees representing the Office of Institutional Effectiveness
- Support Enrollment Management initiatives on campus to include providing operational and ad-hoc reporting capabilities for data-driven decision making
Minimum Required Experience
- Experience to perform at this level is typically acquired with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Programming, or related field and five (5) years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency with Industry standard CRM tools focusing on HigherEd Enrollment Management and Recruitment (ie: Slate, Radius, or the equivalent)
- Experience in working with college students, human resources or finance information systems of a higher education institution
- Demonstrated knowledge of higher education administrative systems and related business principles
- Experience with an industry standard programming language that supports data analytics, and database procedures to perform various analytical and data processing tasks
- Position is full-time, 1.0 FTE, Montana University System (MUS) Contract and includes a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
About the Information Technology department and UM
Central IT provides computing, network, and telecommunications infrastructure, supports enterprise level software, and offers a range of technology support services for the Missoula campus.. The organization also coordinates with the other Montana University System campuses, the local community, and the State of Montana to ensure consistency of offerings and policy. IT at the University of Montana is led by a Chief Information Officer (CIO), who reports to UM's President and sits on the President's cabinet and council of vice presidents.
The University of Montana is a unit of the Montana University System with over 10,000 students. It is located in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about 72,000, surrounded by mountain grandeur which was recently ranked in the “ top 20 best college towns with a population of less than 250,000 ” by the American Institute for Economic Research and ranked 9th in Outside Magazine’s “ The 16 Greatest Places to Live in America” in 2014 . Many national publications recognize Missoula for its high quality of life . Abundant recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its five priorities for action : Place student success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of “mission first, people always"; partner with place; and proudly tell the UM story.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
How to Apply
Priority Application Date: Tuesday, October 6, 2020 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Complete applications received by the ‘Priority Application Date’ will be guaranteed consideration. The position will remain open until filled. Candidates are required to submit the following materials online.
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Institutional Research & Planning Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner