Executive Assistant, Institute for Inclusive Leadership
Executive Assistant, Institute for Inclusive Leadership
Main Campus - Boston, MA
Located in Boston's historic Fenway area, Simmons has a strong tradition of empowering women and challenging traditional gender roles. Simmons University was one of the first higher education institutions to prepare women to become leaders and has evolved to become a university offering a women's undergraduate program and graduate programs open to all.
You're joining our community at an especially exciting time as one of our strategic goals is to become the most inclusive campus in New England. You'll find that people who work here are truly committed to our mission of preparing students to become champions of social justice and leaders in their professions and their communities. This commitment and pride make for a dynamic workplace. Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience.
With the formation of the Institute for Inclusive Leadership, Simmons has made an investment in ensuring that equity in leadership is a reality in our lifetime. The core expertise of the Institute lives in the space between what has traditionally been the domain of Diversity and Inclusion, and what has traditionally been the domain of Leadership Development. In concert with select partners, the Simmons University Institute for Inclusive Leadership will be the global authority on the intersection of leadership, equity and inclusion - with an emphasis on gender parity in leadership.
As a University committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
Simmons University is looking for an Executive Assistant to join the Institute for Inclusive Leadership (“Institute”). Reporting to the Institute's CEO, the Executive Assistant will provide organizational and administrative support to this division. From anticipating the needs of the CEO to proactively solving problems and independently handling issues, the Executive Assistant will act as a liaison with internal colleagues and external partners while promoting a culture of inclusion and responsiveness through customer-centric support.
The Executive Assistant will serve as the first point of contact for all inquiries and will support both academic and individual calendar coordination, event and meeting preparation, data maintenance, and routine day-to-day operations.
The ideal candidate will maintain a strong customer focus, foster mutual respect, support Simmons University's commitment to diversity, and practice and promote teamwork. As a University committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, we seek candidates who embody these values and who have demonstrated success working with individuals across a broad spectrum of identities and perspectives.
Calendar & Meeting Coordination
- Coordinate both academic and individual calendars for the CEO using judgment to prioritize and commit leadership time for meetings, appointments, and travel, based on an in-depth understanding of the Institute's priorities and needs;
- Schedule meetings and arrange conference calls;
- Coordinate meeting logistics including room reservation, room set-up, catering, and equipment;
- Prepare meeting materials and presentations;
- Draft and distribute meeting agendas;
- Support the Institute senior leadership team as needed.
Administrative Operations & Projects
- Provide support to the CEO, serving as the liaison to other staff members regarding correspondence, scheduling, general office procedures, and projects related to the work of the Institute;
- Interact regularly and diplomatically with a diverse group of internal and external callers and visitors;
- Manage staff meetings for the Institute, including taking minutes as necessary;
- Manage travel plans and expenses for the CEO, including assisting in securing airfare and hotel accommodations, processing appropriate paperwork, and reconciling expenses;
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of internal event planning for the Institute team (i.e., space requests, technology requests, catering, etc.);
- Stylize and format slides, proposals, and other presentation materials for the CEO following brand guidelines and utilizing provided templates;
- Manage all aspects of processing reimbursements for Institute expenses (i.e., subscriptions, travel, etc.).
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the CEO for internal and external constituencies;
- Coordinate communications from the Institute to internal and external constituents;
- Schedule, monitor, and coordinate social media posts for CEO in coordination with Institute postings
- Respond to phone, email, and in-person inquiries in a timely and professional manner;
- Make autonomous, accurate, and swift judgments, including forwarding questions and requests to other staff;
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming Institute and CEO correspondence, including mail, faxes, and email;
- This position requires keen interpersonal skills and exceptional judgment to facilitate collaboration and communication among diverse groups.
- May draft and/or proofread emails, letters, reports, or other documents.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required;
- 3+ years of experience in an administrative support position with project coordination and high-level client contact;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including editing and proofreading;
- Strong planning and organizational skills;
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects;
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality;
- Proven ability to perform duties with a high level of professionalism, flexibility; discretion, judgment, diplomacy, and tact;
- Ability to multi-task, adapt to changing priorities, and meet deadlines;
- Experience with accounting practices for budgetary responsibilities;
- Prior experience in higher education administration preferred;
- Experienced with MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Project management experience a plus.
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter
Instructions to Applicants: Please upload all applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the "Resume/CV" box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Executive-Assistant--Institute-for-Inclusive-Leadership_R07110
Located in Boston’s historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.