University of Idaho
Division/College: Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $18.38 per hour or higher depending on experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Responsible for providing high-level administrative support duties for the U of I Extension Publishing department, including selling, stocking and distributing inventory of publications and promotional materials; assisting with publishing processes under the direction of the Publishing Director; scheduling department calendars and facilities; acting as the primary office contact for faculty members, staff, students, and external stakeholders; and performing other related office support duties at publications office on the Moscow campus.
- Three years of experience in publishing and administrative support.
- Experience in written communication skills; proofreading and editing.
- Experience in office support functions including word processing; filing; composing a variety of business documents; researching, compiling and summarizing data from reports; and financial record keeping methods.
- Experience using computer software and applications for word processing, email, internet searches, and data organization.
- Experience in customer service skills, organizational and decision-making skills, good attention to detail.
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently with little or no supervision.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in office management, business, or related field.
- Five years of experience in publishing, inventory management, and administrative support.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Acumen accounting software.
- Experience with Manuscript FastTrack system.
- Experience providing document layout and design, using Adobe Creative Cloud and, specifically Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Publisher.
- Knowledge of the University of Idaho and University of Idaho Extension.
- A demonstrated ability to work professionally with people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to work under stress, prioritize projects, perform last minute duties under deadline, and maintain confidentiality.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Must be able to lift, carry, and/or otherwise move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Some evening and weekend availability.
Posting Number: SP002596P
Posting Date: 09/21/2020
Open Until Filled: Yes
First consideration will be given to those who apply by October 18, 2020. The position will remain open until a suitable applicant pool has been identified.
In addition to the online application and resume, individuals should submit a letter of qualification.
IMPORTANT: To be considered, your “Letter of Qualification” must address EACH of the required qualifications, including pertinent education and/or experience. In addition, to improve your ranking during the evaluation process, address as many of the Preferred Qualifications as possible. Information on a resume will not be accepted as a substitute for submitting a Letter of Qualification.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.