Assistant Mens & Womens Golf Coach
Classification: Administrative Staff—Part-time-1000 Annual Hours
Reports To: Head Men's & Women's Golf Coach
Director of Athletics
Description: The Assistant Men's & Women's Golf Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in the development and maintenance of an effective and competitive NCAA Division III Men's & Women's Golf program at Carroll University. Teaching will include instruction of the skills and strategies necessary for the student-athlete to become competitive and successful in this sport. The recruitment and retention of quality student-athletes in this program will be integral to this position. The Assistant Coach will also be expected to teach and demonstrate the ability to promote the physical, intellectual and social growth of student-athletes. The Assistant Coach is also responsible for assisting the Head Coach in their assigned responsibilities and in the direction of all aspects of their assigned sport program.
- Understand and comply with all rules and guidelines set forth
by the NCAA Division III, Carroll University, CCIW (College
Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin), and Carroll University
- Understand and comply with the NCAA and Carroll University
philosophy and mission.
- Act as a professional and positive representative of the
Carroll University Educational Experience.
- Serve as a teacher, counselor, and role model so that student
athletes will improve upon their physical, intellectual, and social
- Maximize the physical talent of the team through quality
teaching and coaching, and the promotion of teamwork.
- Assist the Head Coach in planning, organizing and administering
all practice sessions.
- Assist in recruitment of student athletes while working through
the Head Coach with the Office of Admission to maximize
- Retain student athletes at Carroll University and within the
- Assist in maintaining, managing and updating equipment
- Teach the skills and strategies necessary for the
student-athletes' success in this sport.
- Assist with the management and maintenance of all game and
practice facilities used by the team.
- Assist in the teaching and coaching of a sub-varsity
- Participate in team and departmental camps/clinics, community
service projects, fundraising activities, and alumni events
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Bachelor's degree (preferred)
- Expertise in the sport on intercollegiate level
- Previous playing or coaching experience (desired)
Human Relations Skills:
- Ability to function effectively as a team player
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Sensitivity to the needs of student-athletes and an
understanding of their overall educational goals as well as the
academic mission of the University
- Positive attitude towards the University and its
intercollegiate programs is essential
- Ability to conduct self in a productive, professional manner at
- Candidates must be willing and able to support and advance the
- Must have valid motor vehicle license and be insurable under
the University's insurance plan.
Job Number: #2021-025
Please reference job #2021-025 and submit cover letter and resume to: CUcareers@carrollu.edu
100 N. East Avenue
Waukesha, WI 53186
Carroll University does not discriminate in any manner contrary to law or justice on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran's status in administration of programs or in the employment of faculty and staff. EOE