Faculty - Department Chair - Accounting
Georgia College is accepting applications for the position of Faculty - Department Chair - Accounting within the J. Whitney Bunting College of Business.
The J. Whitney Bunting College of Business is exactly what you would expect from a premier public liberal arts university – a first-rate, student-centered, residential business education with a full array of AACSB-accredited academic programs at both the undergraduate and graduate level, for high-demand careers. Our program offerings are nationally recognized, affordable, and accessible. At the graduate level, we offer online programs in Management Information Systems, the Georgia WebMBA® at Georgia College, and the Master of Logistics and Supply Chain Management. Our Master of Accountancy is currently delivered face-to-face as an ideal program for Georgia College students seeking to continue their education in the Accounting field. Our goal is to develop capable, successful business professionals who are also responsible citizens committed to contributing to the community.
The Department Chair works collaboratively with the faculty in the Department of Accounting. The Chair is responsible for providing administrative leadership for the department and for implementing the Department’s and College’s goals, giving special attention to the objectives for the academic programs of the Department including courses and faculty in Business Law and Ethics. The Chair also maintains and enhances the connection between the Department of Accounting and the Accounting business community to establish the vision and direction for the Accounting and Business Law curriculum. The Chair serves on the College’s Leadership Team and reports directly to the Dean of the J. Whitney Bunting College of Business. The Department of Accounting has approximately 225 students with 13 FTE faculty and staff offering both a BBA in Accounting and a Master of Accountancy degree program.
The college is especially interested in candidates who can work collegially and effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds and whose experience, research, teaching, and service can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community.
Georgia College is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without consideration to age, color, disability, gender, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.
Qualified candidates for the tenured rank as Full Professor in Accounting must have either a PhD or DBA with an accounting specialization from an accredited university. Qualified candidates for the tenured rank as Full Professor in Business Law must have a JD from an accredited university and preferably an MBA, MAcc, or credentialing in the accounting area (e.g., CPA, CMA, etc.) with experience in the accounting industry or have served in an accounting academic department. Qualified candidates currently at the senior Associate Professor rank in either discipline will be considered. Additionally, qualified candidates must be recognized scholars with active research records in their respective disciplines for the appointment at the rank of Full Professor with tenure at Georgia College & State University. Other required qualifications:
• a record of exemplary teaching within the candidate’s area of
• a strong commitment to the public liberal arts mission of the college and university,
• excellent leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills, including a well-developed sense of fairness and integrity,
• a demonstrated ability to work effectively with external constituencies,
• a passion for working with and mentoring students, and
• a commitment to fostering academic excellence, rigor, and distinctiveness in the public liberal arts and in business education. All Georgia College faculty share the responsibility of teaching our core curriculum and providing foundation courses for majors and non‐majors alike. To carry out our public liberal arts mission, we seek faculty with the desire and ability to engage students as they launch their intellectual journey.
Must meet SCACSCOC accreditation requirements stated in C.S. 3.7.1 (www.sacscoc.org (faculty credentials))
Preference will be given to candidates with at least three years of academic leadership experience at the level of chair or higher; experience and facility with curriculum development; integrating high impact, engaged pedagogies into the curriculum; strategic planning; and student learning outcomes assessment.
Review of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates should submit their current CV, a letter of application, teaching philosophy statement, example of recent scholarly work, unofficial graduate transcripts, and a list of three references (names, address, phone numbers, and emails).
Materials must be submitted by October 30, 2020 to receive full consideration.
To learn more about this position or to submit an application please visit:
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Milledgeville
- Business & Management Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Milledgeville
- Accounting & Finance Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Milledgeville
- Executive Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Milledgeville
- Other Executive Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Milledgeville