Director/ Assistant Dean for Assessment, College of Pharmacy
The Director/Assistant Dean for Assessment will assist the Dean in the evaluation, assessment, programmatic planning and continuous quality improvement of the Doctor of Pharmacy curriculum; and to work with the Executive Committee of the College of Pharmacy to insure quality improvements related to the academic program in the College. This includes identifying and implementing continuous quality improvements consistent with the mission, goals and objectives associated with the PharmD program.
- Responsible for maintaining quality and overall consistency of assessments in the College for the academic program.
- Oversees the assessment program for the College of Pharmacy, including development and implementation of instruments, evaluation of results, and development of reports (including ACPE accreditation report) for those areas associated with assessment including but not limited to all processes related to teaching, scholarship, and service. This includes but is not limited to processes related to the curriculum, admissions, student progression, promotion & tenure, and faculty evaluation and development.
- Evaluates data from the Admissions Committee to identify areas to improve the admissions process and help identify factors that contribute to student success in the program.
- Oversees the faculty peer-evaluation process in conjunction with the Department Chairs. Assists faculty in developing materials associated with assessment. Assures congruity between course syllabi, course content, goals and objectives and evaluation instruments.
- Responsible for evaluation of the teaching effectiveness of the didactic and experiential programs. Assists faculty in the areas of good teaching practice and evaluation strategies related to outcome objectives and course assessments.
- Works with CHSU’s overall assessment process to contribute data on evaluation and assessment of the College of Pharmacy and contributes to the overall mission of continuous quality improvement for the University. Participates in the self-study process for the University for regional and specialized accreditation.
- Curricular assessment:
- Develops formative and summative assessment instruments for the curriculum to ensure core and professional experiences are of adequate intensity, breadth and duration to meet terminal outcome objectives
- Using evidence driven data processes, develops and maintains a continuous improvement process of the curricular structure, content, process and outcomes.
- Encourages the involvement of students in the evaluation and development of the educational program
- Facilitates the lines of communication between the administration and faculty and the students to promote a culture of mutual respect and professionalism.
- Assists in the development of an annual strategic plan for the SOP and determines formative and summative indicators of achievement. Uses data in a continuous and systematic process to evaluate outcomes associated with all assessment processes. Provides an annual review of progress made and develops action plans for areas needing improvements.
- Collaborative activities: the Assistant Dean for Assessment works closely with the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, the Assistant Dean for Student Affairs, the Director of Experiential Education and all Department Chairs in promoting Continuous Quality Improvement.
- Participates in the Executive Committee for the COP
- Serves as ex-officio member of the Assessment Committee for the COP
- Actively participates in the academic pharmacy community that specializes in assessment.
- Teaches and coordinates courses as necessary in areas of expertise.
- Contributes to the research mission of the College.
- Provides service to University and College committee and activities as appropriate.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by the Dean of the College of Pharmacy.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate the ability to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities:
- Working knowledge about best assessment practices and policies
- Working knowledge about the major areas of pharmacy practice.
- Competence in basic statistical analysis and report writing.
- Ability to communicate effectively both with groups and individuals.
- Ability to interact effectively with people of all backgrounds, including students, administration, faculty and staff.
- Ability to handle detail-oriented assignments and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to represent the College to different constituencies.
- At least three years of academic experience as a full-time faculty member in a School/College of Pharmacy
- Pharm.D. degree with residency or fellowship or equivalent experience, or PhD degree in Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences
- Preference will be given to individuals holding the rank of Associate Professor or Professor. Assistant Professors meeting the minimum qualifications may be considered.
- Preference will be given to those individuals possessing previous experience in assessment, curricular development, strong research skills, statistical and methodologic background, and those with administrative experience in a School/College of Pharmacy.
CHSU offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Apply for Director/ Assistant Dean for Assessment, College of Pharmacy
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Clovis
- Education Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Clovis
- Other Education Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Clovis
- Health & Medicine Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Clovis
- Pharmacology Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Clovis