Sr. Content Marketing Specialist
Please note: this position is fully remote.
About Champlain College:
Founded in 1878, Champlain College is a private, baccalaureate institution that offers professionally focused master's, bachelor's and associate's degree programs and professional certificates on campus, online and abroad. Champlain College was named the #1 "Most Innovative School" in the North in U.S. News and World Report's "America's Best Colleges" 2016 ranking and holds steady at #14 in the overall list of "Best Regional Colleges in the North." It was listed in Princeton Review's 2015 editions of "The Best 376 Colleges" and "353 Green Colleges." Champlain is a national leader in educating students to become skilled practitioners, effective professionals and global citizens.
The College is located in picturesque Burlington, Vermont, which is consistently ranked as one of the country's most livable small cities. Burlington was recently ranked #1 by A&E Television on a list of the 10 cities that "have it all." Burlington was also ranked as one of "10 Best Cities for the Next Decade" according to Kiplinger's Personal Finance.
We encourage interested candidates to peruse our www.champlain.edu/peoplecenter website for more information about our work and cultural environment. Champlain College offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes tuition benefits, generous retirement contributions and a professional working environment.
Champlain College Online provides a high-quality online learning environment that empowers more than 4,000 adult learners across the nation to achieve degree completion while minimizing student debt through innovative strategies such as test-out, generous transfer credit opportunities, credit for work experience, truED©, and more.
The Sr. Content Marketing Specialist will report to the Director of Creative and UX Strategy within the Division of Champlain College Online (CCO), and will create compelling content that helps build our brand, increases awareness of our academic program offerings, drives lead generation and engagement, creates and optimizes automated email communications, develops research-based longform content as well as advertising copy, and grows the web presence of Champlain College Online utilizing SEO best practices. This writer is responsible for maintaining, updating and reporting on a successful blog that contributes a significant amount of web traffic and conversions.
We are seeking a talented writer with deep digital communication experience who is mission-driven, and understands the power of higher education in transforming the lives of adult learners and their families.
As a part of a learning organization, the Content Marketing Specialist will have the opportunity to sharpen existing skills and hone new ones in a fast-paced, result-driven, and supportive environment.
- Identify and execute marketing content and social media strategies that achieve Champlain College Online business and marketing objectives.
- Generate content for a variety of digital platforms including: websites, email communication plans, webinars, and social media channels.
- Plan, research, draft, write, edit, and coordinate the dissemination of content.
- Manage, update and report on the blog and news portions of websites designed to assist with SEO in order to drive lead generation, programmatic thought leadership, and overall brand building.
- Develop email communication plans and oversee their execution while using KPIs to make continual improvements.
- Write engaging copy for the website and marketing collateral - both digital and print.
- Come up with creative solutions for implementing SEO keyword strategies.
Assist marketing team and vendors with primarily digital marketing campaign development & execution including:
Campaign concept development
Landing page copy
- Assist in PR efforts - both with the College's Department of Strategic Communication and the national PR team.
- Serve as a member of the Champlain College Communicator's group, representing Champlain College Online.
- Work collaboratively with the Champlain College Marketing and Strategic Communication teams to identify potential marketing and earned media "wins" for the College.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Experience/Track Record
- Solid understanding of SEO and analytics.
- Experience writing for complex user journey scenarios.
- Experience with B2B and B2C digital marketing.
- Successful maintenance and optimization of a lead generation focused blog.
- Well versed in current digital marketing trends.
- Strong organizational skills, proven ability to handle multiple projects and deliver results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Copywriting expertise and well-developed writing and journalistic skills that elicit emotion and inspire action.
- Demonstrated proficiency in planning, writing and editing with ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and concisely.
- Tech savvy with experience working in content management systems (Drupal experience a plus), CRMs; graphic design programs (e.g., the Adobe Creative Suite) a plus.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Bachelor's degree is required. Master's degree preferred.
The successful completion of a criminal background check is required as a condition of employment.
Application materials must include a resume/CV and a letter of interest (Cover Letter) specifically addressing the desired qualifications.
Champlain College does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, place of birth, ancestry, religion, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, veteran or military service status, HIVd -positive status, qualified disability, or on the basis of any other status protected by law, and does not discriminate in the administration of its education and admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, employment practices or co-curricular and other College-administered programs. Champlain College will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified students, applicants for admission or employment, or employees. Please contact the People Center at 802.651.5800 with questions concerning the hiring process or future employment at Champlain College, or if auxiliary aids or services are needed to apply for employment at Champlain College.
Champlain College is committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community. Recognizing that diversity is both a reflection of our world and a source of rich education, Champlain strives to be diverse and inclusive in ways that reflect the world in which we live and work. All members of the Champlain community are valued as individuals.
The College seeks candidates who, through their work and life experiences, service to the community, teaching or research can contribute to the diversity, inclusivity and academic excellence of Champlain College. Please include information about how you would contribute to these efforts and help to further this goal in your letter of interest/cover letter.
For more information and to apply, please go to
For consideration, please upload your resume as well as a letter of interest (cover letter.) Review of applications will start immediately and continue until position is filled.
EU Employee Data Protection Notice:
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Burlington
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Burlington
- Public Relations & Marketing (Campus) Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Burlington
- Editing & Publications Management Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Burlington