HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT I
HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT I
Posting Number: SRGV4654
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Brownsville, Texas
Department: Human Resources and Talent Development
Scope of Job:
To provide routine assistance in support of process and operations to all functions in Human Resources and maintaining human resources and payroll related documents. Responsible for assisting in the administration of various functions by providing customer service and setting and maintaining personnel files.
Description of Duties:
• Provides routine support services within assigned area of Human Resources such as recruitment, benefits, training, salary administration and employee records, and/or general assistance.
• Greets visitors, answers phones, takes messages, routes calls and follow-up, responds to inquiries and/or refers as appropriate.
• Responsible for the maintenance of employee records, including status updates, terminations, and new hires.
• Performs reviews and verification of data on employee information system, files, and/or forms.
• May specialize in the area of salary administration, which includes evaluating and processing a variety of payroll documents, changes, terminations and reports.
• Assists in the collection of employee information for reports and statistical research.
• Answers employee questions and troubleshoots issues with respect to assigned area.
• May be assigned to special projects
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General direction from the assigned supervisor.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Technical or Associate’s degree
Six months relevant work experience in an office setting.
Experience in Human Resources.
Use of standard office equipment
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office environment; some evening and/or weekend work may be required.
Accuracy in all phases of work is required. Tact, diplomacy and judgment required in dealing with others. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with interruptions.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 09/21/2020
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or email@example.com.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/25807