Executive Director Student Financial Aid
Location: Student Financial Aid
Master's degree in Business or a related field and seven years of experience. Additional experience may be used on a one-to-one basis to offset the educational requirements. The university offers market competitive salary and benefits. Grade EI. Salary Minimum $66,153Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with managing large scale financial aid programs at a medium to large-sized institution.
- Experience working at an NCAA Division I institution.
- Direct experience with financial aid audits, to include federal-level reviews.
- Be able to read, comprehend and assimilate detailed information related to federal/state, and NCAA regulations.
- Effectively represent the University in diverse settings with university constituents and outside audiences.
- Openly support and promote a team environment amoung staff.
- Maintain strict confidentiality, effectively resolve conflicts, and work efficiently with staff, students, administration, and other stakeholders.
The University of Louisville invites applications for the position of Executive Director of the Student Financial Aid Office. Reporting to the Vice Provost for Strategic Enrollment Management and Student Success, the Executive Director has full responsibility for financial aid programs of the university. The UofL Student Financial Aid Office is dedicated to providing students and their families with courteous and efficient financial services to make academic goals more affordable, while also complying with all federal, state and university policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide direct leadership and supervision of the financial aid operations, client services, and compliance units to ensure staff provide the highest levels of customer service.
2. Interpret federal, state, and institutional regulations and policies; communicate interpretations and ensure university-wide compliance; implement any regulatory changes as required, document and maintain policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all regulations
3. Complete federal, state, and institutional reports, including applications for funding and reports of the expenditure of funds allocated in a timely and accurate manner.
4. Facilitate annual third-party audits, compiling data requests, oversee on-site visits and ensure on-time, accurate submissions; develop, implement and ensure correct action plans are followed when needed.
5. Exhibit a high-level of self-direction to identify and lead new initiatives that focus on unit objectives and their alignment with the Strategic Enrollment Management Plan as instructed by the Vice Provost.
6. Attend bi-weekly division meetings with other unit directors and provide updates related to the Student Financial Aid Office.
Founded in 1798 as one of the nation's first city-owned, public universities, the University of Louisville is a vital ecosystem that creates thriving futures for students and society. We are one of only 69 universities in the U.S. to earn recognition by the Carnegie Foundation as both a Research 1 and Community Engaged university and are proud to be ranked among the nation's best institutions for African American and LGBTQ+ students, as well as a designated Military Friendly school. This uncommon combination of strengths creates exceptional opportunities for collaboration and innovation.
The university has three campuses and offers more than 200 undergraduate, graduate and professional degree programs. Belknap Campus is located near downtown Louisville and houses eight of the university's 12 colleges and schools. The Health Sciences Center is located in the city's downtown medical complex and is home to our health-related programs, University of Louisville Hospital and UofL Health - Jewish Hospital. The centerpiece of Shelby Campus, located in eastern Jefferson County, is the ShelbyHurst Research and Office Park.
As a premier metropolitan research university, UofL is dynamically connected to our city, which is progressive, culturally rich, affordable and recognized as a top-emerging market. The University of Louisville creates knowledge that improves lives and provides local and global experiences for students to learn, serve and grow.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Louisville is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, age, color, national origin, ethnicity, creed, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, pregnancy, or veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact the Employment team at email@example.com or 502.852.6258.How To Apply -Staff Positions
To apply for this position, follow the "Online App. Form" link below and then click on the "Apply Now". You must answer all required fields and submit your application by clicking the "Submit" button. Detailed instructions are available at louisville.edu/jobs in the "My Career Tools" section. Vacancies are routinely removed from the jobs portal around 7:00PM each Monday.
Only ONE attachment can be uploaded per application. If you wish to include a cover letter or other documents, please combine them as one document with your resume/cv, save the document with a simple short title that contains only letters, spaces, or numbers, and then upload.
Computers are available for application submission at the Human
Resources Department located at 1980 Arthur Street - Louisville,
Kentucky 40208. For more information, please contact us by email
at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone
If you require assistance or accommodation with our online application process, you may schedule an appointment at (502) 852-6258 with Employment Services at the Human Resources office located at 1980 Arthur Street, Louisville, KY 40208.
University of Louisville Online App. Form: https://hrp.louisville.edu/psp/ps/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&Action=A&SiteId=100&JobOpeningId=38993&PostingSeq=1 Apply through Institution's Website