Research Support Librarian
Research Support Librarian, Tulane University, Rudolph Matas Library of the Health Sciences
Tulane University seeks a self-motivated, collaborative, and creative professional for the role of Research Support Librarian. Based at the Rudolph Matas Library of the Health Sciences, the Research Support Librarian primarily concentrates on working with Tulane researchers and students to conduct systematic reviews and other evidence synthesis projects, from protocol development to publication, using a variety of tools and methods for searching evidence, documenting and managing data for synthesis, and reporting findings.
Active engagement in outreach to potential collaborators is a key aspect of this position, and the incumbent will be expected to work collegially and effectively with faculty, researchers, students, and staff in the Schools of Medicine, Public Health, Science and Engineering, and various offices and programs (e.g., Tulane’s Office of Research, the Meta-analysis Systematic Review Support (MARS) program in the Office of the Provost) in coordinating activities, promoting opportunities, and otherwise supporting high-quality, high-impact research.
The Research Support Librarian works as part of a team of librarians, researchers, students, and research support staff to further evidence-based practice across Tulane University’s health sciences research groups, increase research impact and awareness, and ensure compliance with funder mandates on data management and dissemination of results. The Research Support Librarian serves as liaison to one or more departments in the School of Medicine or School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine and works closely with others to achieve our collective goals in support of the university’s research, clinical, and educational mission.
The most attractive candidate for this role will have a graduate degree in Library and Information Science (MLS) or its equivalent. A graduate degree in a life science or health science field with demonstrated understanding of academic libraries and two or more years of relevant experience in a research library setting may also be considered. Other requirements include:
- Experience conducting systematic reviews, meta-analyses, or related research projects.
- Familiarity with trends in systematic reviews, applicable tools for systematic reviews, research impact software and tools.
- Solid understanding of scholarly communication practices, including copyright, open access, alternative publishing models, and open educational resources.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze systematic reviews and research impact and to deliver reports and other documentation for distribution.
- Ability to work as part of a small, highly collaborative team.
- Ability to network and influence effectively, both internally and externally across the organization.
- Demonstrated success in engaging with colleagues across the University and beyond in a collaborative and constructive fashion.
- Consistent display of excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong presentation skills.
- Evidence of engagement in relevant professional or academic communities. Evidence of meaningful professional contributions may be expected at this rank.
Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience and include health insurance, paid leave, professional development support, retirement options, and relocation assistance.
Tulane University is an AAU/Carnegie 1/ARL Research Institution and is ranked by U.S. News and World Report among the top national universities in the United Sates. The Rudolph Matas Library is located downtown New Orleans at the Tulane University Health Sciences Campus near the Historic French Quarter. The library underwent significant renovations in 2008 and continues to add new databases and e-resources for faculty, researchers, and students.
To apply, please go to this LINK at http://apply.interfolio.com/78925 and enter for more information about the job, and to submit requisite documentation. To ensure full consideration applicants must submit a letter of application, current resume/curriculum vita and names with contact information of at least 3 professional references. Review of application will begin immediately and continue until the positions is filled. Tulane University is an ADA/AA/EO employer. Women, minorities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in New Orleans
- Professional Fields Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in New Orleans
- Library & Information Sciences Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in New Orleans
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in New Orleans
- Other Science & Technology Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in New Orleans