Vice President of Administrative Services
Southern Crescent Technical College, located just south of the bustling Atlanta metropolitan area and just minutes from Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, invites applications for the position of Vice President for Administrative Services (VPA). This position reports to the President and is the chief financial officer of the college. The Vice President has the primary responsibility for planning, organizing and directing the overall administration of the college’s financial and student financial services operations. The VPA must assume a key leadership role in the college’s financial and administrative functions, working with the President in the development of policies and procedures related to fiscal operations, and works in coordination to monitor all financial transactions and activity. The new VPA will join an executive team that is community focused and has a strong dedication to students and student learning.
The ideal candidate will oversee all financial services programs, and activities, including accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, student accounts, payroll, purchasing, budget preparation and control, and oversight of human resources and the administrative services operations unit. The successful candidate must embrace excellence, integrity, and exhibit leadership abilities required to work in a team to achieve the college’s vision. The desired Vice President should have proven experience as a financial leader and possess a demonstrated record of accomplishments in this field. The ideal candidate determines availability of funds to cover expenses and ensures adequate documentation exists to substantiate appropriateness and authenticity of financial transactions; oversees and directs the audit function for accounts payable, accounts receivable, grants and payroll.
Candidate must exhibit an appreciation of, sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds. Workload assignments are scheduled throughout the academic calendar year, and may require evening and weekend obligations.
- Prepares and maintains the total budget for the technical college;
- Directs, through subordinate managers, a comprehensive accounting program which integrates
Generally Accepting Accounting Principles (GAAP), Governmental Accounting Standards, statutory accounting requirements and the technical college's fiscal policies and procedures;
- Ensures compliance with Federal, State, and local government accounting and financial reporting standards and controls;
- Coordinates and directs financial record keeping, reporting, and related auditing functions to ensure accurate and timely accounting and reporting of College accounts and budgets.
- Oversees the planning of year-end closing process to ensure deadlines are met.
- Participates in and makes presentations to the Board of Directors, Board of Trustees and community partners; performs financial review of matters pertaining to the College.
- Directs, through subordinate managers, the establishment of short-term and long-range plans relating to the design, construction, engineering and repair and maintenance projects in support of overall facility goals and objectives of the technical college;
- Directs, through subordinate managers, the human resources functions for the technical college;
- Directs, through subordinate managers, the operations of the technical college's bookstore and the child development center;
- Directs, through subordinate managers, the student accounts program which provides information to prospective and enrolled students and staff
- Directs, through subordinate managers, the operation of the college’s accounting and purchasing functions;
- Manages and oversees financial/budget operation of the department;
- Develops and/or assists with the development of policies and procedures and recommends changes to effectively meet the goals and requirements of the program;
- Evaluates employees at scheduled intervals upon reviewing of all relevant information
- Conducts regular evaluation of services provided and make adjustments as needed;
- Maintains up-to-date policies, procedures, and state or federal laws that may impact departmental financial initiatives.
Knowledge of the mission of postsecondary technical education/community college, strategic planning strategies, budget development and management principles.
Skill in the delegation of responsibility and authority, operation of computers and job related financial software programs.
Skill in decision making, problem solving, interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
Oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree *and* Seven (7) years of related work experience
- Master’s degree *and* Three (3) years of related work experience
- Master’s degree *and* Five (5) years of progressive managerial experience.
We are currently accepting applications and will continue until an appointment is made. All applications, resumes and cover letters must be submitted to: https://www.sctech.edu/aboutsctc/employment/
Contact SCTC’s Office of Human Resources at 770-229-3456 should you have any questions regarding this position.
Come join us in the Highest Performing and Fastest growing region in the state of Georgia!
Southern Crescent Technical College (SCTC) is located just minutes south of Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson Airport. SCTC has two (2) main campuses and three (3) college centers serving nearly 5,000 credit students and providing nearly 200 programs of study in degree, diploma, and certificate programs. The college also serves an additional 3,500 non-credit students in adult education programs, continuing education, business and industry training.
Our region is the home of many major professional and college sporting events to include the Atlanta Braves, the Atlanta Falcons, the Atlanta Hawks, and Atlanta United sporting teams. We are also the home for the Atlanta Motor Speedway. We are just hours away from the Great Smokey Mountains and the beaches of the Georgia and Florida coastlines. We have excellent K- 12 schools and we are in close proximity to other colleges and universities. We boast of great shopping, cultural activities, and excellent restaurants.
As set forth in its student catalog, Southern Crescent Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, sex, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, veteran status, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). The following have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Title IX/Equity Coordinator (Griffin Campus, Butts County Center, Henry County Center, and Jasper County Center), Assistant Director of Student Services, Toni Doaty, Toni.Doaty@sctech.edu , 501 Varsity Road, Mobile Unit 6B, Griffin, GA 30223, 770-228-7382; ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (Griffin Campus, Butts County Center, Henry County Center, and Jasper County Center) Special Services Coordinator, Teresa Brooks, Teresa.Brooks@sctech.edu ,501 Varsity Road, Mobile Unit 6B, Griffin, GA 30223, 770-228-7258; Title IX/Equity and ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (Flint River Campus) Special Services Coordinator, Mary Jackson, Mary.Jackson@sctech.edu ,1533 Highway 19 South, Room A-252, Thomaston, GA 30286, 706-646-6224. Any complaints filed against the Title IX/Equity Coordinator or ADA/Section 504 Coordinator on any campus/center shall be handled by, Vice President for Student Affairs, Xenia Johns, Xenia.Johns@sctech.edu , 501 Varsity Road, Room 700, Griffin, GA 30223, 770-228-7348. (Employee complaints) Sharon Hill, Director of Human Resources, Human Resources, Sharon.Hill@sctech.edu , 501 Varsity Road, Griffin, GA 30223, 770-229-3454.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Griffin
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Griffin
- Chief Business Officers & Vice Presidents Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Griffin